CANON LENS 18-135 IS [NOT STM]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CANON LENS 18-135 IS [NOT STM]

Hi guys looking for advice re this lens to put onto 40D/7D with a view to landscape/general outdoor work although generally its birds that my gear is leaning towards.However considering landscape without getting involved with filters,so if anyone has any thoughts or feedback would be very grateful.
    GEORGE
    CANON 2000D CANON 70D CANON 100-400MML MK1 CANON70-200MML F4 USM CANON 17-85 IS USM CANON SPEEDLITE 550EX CANON SPEEDLITE 270EX

Re: CANON LENS 18-135 IS [NOT STM]

I use this lens as my walkaround lens on a canon 40d, including for landscape and general street photography. Its not the world's finest but stopped down it gives quite reasonable results. I find contrast much below L lenses but remember this lens is really quite cheap comparatively. If I was buying a this focal length range again I would consider something from sigma. I have a couple of sigmas in different focal lengths and I consider their build quality and optics to be superior to the canon efs 18-135, although I should mention the canon is light in weight, unobtrusive in use and does balance nicely on the 40d.
    Someone will come on here and say that 18mm on cropped sensor is not wide enough for landscapes. Each to his own !, some folks just like lots of sky or their toes in the shot.

Comment

Re: CANON LENS 18-135 IS [NOT STM]

Many thanks for responce and food for thought with sigma options ,have always stayed with canon.The 18-135 has a mixed reception in general but as you indicate is quite cheap.Going to ponder this one must admit have not brought sigmas into the senario.
      George
      CANON 2000D CANON 70D CANON 100-400MML MK1 CANON70-200MML F4 USM CANON 17-85 IS USM CANON SPEEDLITE 550EX CANON SPEEDLITE 270EX

Comment

Working...
      X