Anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone help?

I've dug out an old Sunpak "Auto 22 FD" flash-gun (from the old film days) - Just wondering if it would be safe to use with my digital kit. Is one of the so-called Auto guns which has a "magic eye" to assess exposure which I always found to be very easy to use.

Re: Anyone help?

It doesn't seem to get a mention in the bible, alas:

This article says how to measure the voltage:

Generally under 6V and you're laughing, under 24V and you will probably be okay (as 24V is the ISO spec) unless you use a G-series camera (but I'd e-mail Canon to check regardless if it's over 6V).

Comment

Thanks for that. I don't know how this got posted under "lenses" - I thought I'd posted it under "Flash" I don't know what the trigger voltage is as I guess that is the all important thing.

Comment

If in any doubt it's safer to not use the old flash, or buy a cheap optical trigger and use it off-camera triggered by your built-in flash. I'm sure I've read about "converters" which step-down trigger voltages too, but from what I remember they're the cost of a cheap manual flash, so no really worth the outlay.
        Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Working...
        X