Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70-200L IS mkI - good choice for weddings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70-200L IS mkI - good choice for weddings?

Thanks Nat. You're a star!
    Canon 5DMKII | Canon 550D | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 35 f/2 IS USM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | Speedlite 430EX II | 2x Yongnuo YN-622C | MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 | Lightroom 5 | Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod | Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400W | Flickr | 500px | Website

Comment

Re: 70-200L IS mkI - good choice for weddings?

As others have said, this has turned in to a very interesting thread.

I have never done a "wedding" and have no desire to ever do one.
      The only difference from an amateur and a professional is the professional gets paid, he/she does not have to be an expert.
      The wedding photographer does not have to know anything about photography, just turn up and take some photos. Most modern dslr cameras are very capable of producing decent images and you do not need to be an expert to take some decent images nowadays. It was very different in the days of film cameras.
      In the days of film cameras, film was expensive especially colour film. Lenses were manual only, you needed a flash (and lots of bulbs) and a light meter. It had to be right. A good wedding photographer really did earn his/her crust.
      Today it is memory cards and you can shoot hundreds or even thousands of images. Everything is now auto this and auto that, so much easier.

If I was to photography a wedding then I would use a full-frame camera and take 3 lenses, wide, medium and long and all fast lenses.
      Any tweaking can be done extremely well in Photoshop.
      The wedding album would tell a story, the beginning, the middle and the end.

I have seen some superb wedding images from the members on this forum.
      I wish anyone all the best if you are taking the wedding photos, whether paid or not.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
      X