Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide angle lense

Hi
    I'm looking to buy a wide angle lens for my Canon 7D. Not sure which lens to buy out of Canon Sigma tamron or tokina all the reviews that I've read are getting me really confused. Please can anyone shed some light on which one to buy. Cost is a big consideration.

Regards
    Gary

Re: Wide angle lense

Hi, I have the canon 10-22 super wide angle lens and I think it's great, i purchased mine on line, £480 I think from simply electronics, who have got bad reviews, but myself and my grandson have not had any problems.

Comment

A Big consideration is Canon lenses keep there value much better than sigma/tamron or tokina,
      In terms of image IQ there's probably not a lot between either .

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

I have the canon 10-22 super wide angle lens and I think it's great
        I have one too and would second that but of course it is the most expensive

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

I picked up a free photography newsletter from club last week but can't remeber what it was called. They had a comparison of seven leading wide zooms. Top of the APS only pile were the Canon 10-22, the Sigma 10-20 and the Tokina 10-16 f2.8, all scoring around the same marks. Top of the full frame options were the Sigma 12-24 and Tokina 16-28 f2.8. They didn't cover the L series Canons for some reason.

General tone of the conclusion was that all will do a good job and that the 10-22mm was a particularly good performer.

My own zoom is the 10-20 Sigma f4-5.6 which certainly gives me the results I want.
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Another vote for the 10 - 22mm.

I have used one on a friend's cropped Canon and I was well impressed. L series performance for EFS money.
            Colin

Comment

Thank you for the replies. Just another question, I have found a website that sells lenses but they are of European stock and not UK stock. So what is the difference besides the obvious. I can buy the Canon 10-22 for around £80 cheaper than the UK stock.

Regards
              Gary

Comment

Hey Gary,

I used to buy my stuff from Digital Rev in Hong Kong, but to be honest it's cheaper but no one wants to touch the kit in servicing or on the second hand trade market. I'd never buy overseas again. I'd always go for the UK warranty, and the stuff at Flashcamera.co.uk is cheaper and comes with a UK warranty card.

Granted if you don't bother about that sort of thing then fire away :)

I have examples of the Tokina 11-16 on my Flickr pages using the 7D. I really like it.
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

My Ultra Wide-angle (UWA) lenses Review HERE
                  My Top Rated zoom lenses HERE
                  It all depends if you want a wide-angle lens such as the Canon 17-40mm f/4L or an ultra wide-angle lens.
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Canon Lenses have a World-wide warranty so if you imported one and had a problem you should be fine getting Canon UK to sort it out. The bodies don't, so may have to return to the supplier if you have a problem. Then again a UK shop is always an easier place to exchange a lens for a better copy, if you do have an issue.

Comment

PM sent Gary
                      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Working...
                      X