15mm to 18mm - is there a difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 15mm to 18mm - is there a difference

Hi Guys; Provided the (wide-angle) lens is parallel to the vertical, coverging verticals should be at a minimum...

Of course, immediately you start to move the lens off vertical, up or down, then the distortion starts to kick in big time... but... as Millie rightly says, that's relatively easily corrected in PP software today... (much to Nathaniel's displeasure!)

Jamie; if this is for professional work, you could also look at the Tilt & Shift options; but you need a credit-card with a big limit, and they're not really a starter for casual use...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Re: 15mm to 18mm - is there a difference

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      I took the shots from the Tamron site where they have a focal length comparator thing, I'm sure I have seen a Canon one if the past too.
      Originally posted by Millie View Post
      Mark, I remember seeing a pretty good “focal length visualiser’ on a website somewhere.
      You would think that this would be a fairly simple - and handy dandy - thing for a manufacturer to put together... but I've given up searching for one... The Tamron one comes up everywhere, and the only Canon one I could find is here... but it's pretty basic & doesn't really do the job...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Working...
      X