eBay 24-105mm Lens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay 24-105mm Lens.

I'm intending to buy a Canon 24-105 lens. Having looked on eBay, there are some extremely low prices there, which make me suspicious, however one "dealer" in particular is offering this lens at a price (along with a 5 year "UK and Europe" warranty), their feedback is in the thousands and they have 99%+ positive.

I realise this is a lens removed from a kit and there won't be any Canon warranty on it, but for the price it's tempting, however, I fear the duck test may hold true here.

Has anyone on here bought from "Getitdigital" and if so, what are they like?
    Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Re: eBay 24-105mm Lens.

Great lens, but I've never heard of that seller. I've never heard of a 5 year warranty either!
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
    http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Anyone that knows me knows that I like a bargain, however if I was in a position to be able to buy this lens and it is on my wish list I would rather spend a little extra and get it from a UK store
      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
      Facebook
      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Andy and Paul.

Update:

I emailed them and asked them about the warranty - for what it's worth, this is the reply I got:

"It is a return to seller (UK address). Coverage is for 5 years against manufacturer defects."

Pretty much what I expected to be honest … I have a couple I'm looking at second hand and a couple from UK suppliers … I don't know about anyone else, but I find it hard to part with my money when it's taken me so long to save it up!

Comment

Jock, have you tried this Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/groups/second.hand.photo.gear/
          Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
          http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
          https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Try comparing to Panamoz.com prices. They import from Hong Kong so you know you are getting a brand new lens and although Canon UK probably wouldn't cover it Panamoz offer a warranty using approved repairers should anything go wrong with it. Their service is superb. I ordered 3 speedlites Monday and they all arrived today.
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Hi, I don't know what your budget is, but ONESTOP DIGITAL are doing it for £554.

Established since 2004. Free Shipping for ALL Orders. Great Deals and Low Prices on Cameras and Photography Equipment, and Electronic Gadgets.

Comment

I just bought the same lens from HDEW, where it's currently priced at £535. It was a white boxed unit but apart from that I didn't experience any issues.
                Tap tap tap...

Comment

It's a great lens, especially the 6 times I've used mine. Blooming 400/5.6 is bolted to my 1D3 for now lol
                  Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                  www.campsie.photography

Comment

I bought one on ebay from this dealer hldigitalbestbuy he is listing it now at 445.99
                    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Jock, have you tried Panamoz? a very good firm and I have dealt with them and so have other members. You will also get a 5% discount if you pay bank to bank. They have an HSBC bank in UK.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

DigitalRev have had great deals on 'white box' 24-105's split from kit in the past. Never ordered from them myself (yet) but they have good reviews and a good reputation.
                        1Ds II, 1D IIN, 1D II, 5D, 1V HS, 3, 14L II, 16-35L II, 24-70L, 35 f/2, 40 STM, 50L, 85L II, 100L Macro, 135L, 70-200L f/2.8 IS, 70-300​DO, 300L f/4, 1.4x II, 2x II, 580EX II, 430EX II, 270EX, MR-14EX

Comment

Brand new in Canon box £464.95 (+ 12 month Canon International Warranty)
                          Link
                          The company has been in business for years.
                          Take approx. 10 days for delivery but when you are saving £350+ it's worth the 10 day wait.
                          They will email with a tracking number after 6-8 days and send via DPD courier.
                          I have never had any issues with this supplier.

hope it helps
                          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thank you all for your help and advice here - based on 2Beers previous experience, I've ordered the lens from hldigitalbestbuy. Now I'm just waiting on it arriving!

I did try to buy one off the Facebook link, but I'm still waiting on the seller making contact!

[Added 9th April 2014]
                            I ordered the lens on Monday at lunchtime and it arrived on Tuesday about 11:45! Exactly as described and ... well, what a difference - I kept putting off getting this lens because it was a lot of money for me, I kept saying a new lens wouldn't make me take any better photographs, but the few I've taken already look like what I thought I was taking - now I wish I hadn't put off for so long. No problems with hldigitalbestbuy at all. I'd buy from them again.
                            Last edited by Jock; 09-04-2014, 06:16. Reason: Received lens!

Comment

Working...
                            X