Tamron 0, Sigma 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamron 0, Sigma 1

I'm a sucker for extended range zoom lenses, probably a hangover from my all time favourite - a Leica 4/3 14-150mm. I also travel a lot with minimum kit (cabin baggage only) so this sort of lens suits me well. On this basis, and prior to a trip to Crete, I purchased a Tamron 16-300mm. Whether or not it was a faulty item I couldn't get it to AF at the longer focal lengths and distances over 5 metres without a micro-adjustment value of +20 but this made it inaccurate at shorter distances. So back it went for a full refund to be replaced by the Sigma 18-300mm. This lens AFs perfectly without micro-adjustment at all focal lengths and distances and the IQ is a tad better than the Tamron. They were both the same price so I'm happy with the swap but will I miss the 2mm at the wide end? Probably not.

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Re: Tamron 0, Sigma 1

Any example pictures ?

Comment

Working...
    X