Your least used lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your least used lens

Just interested to know what your least used lens is.?

Ones that you haven't used in the last year - but don't sell cos one day it mght come in handy for a specific task or you just don't want / need the hassle of selling via ebay or elsewhere.

Millie

Re: Your least used lens

My least used lens is the Canon EF 28mm-105mm. Don't know why I haven't used it as it is quite a nice lens for a "walk about" one.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

My 100 mm f2.8 macro.

My MR14-EX macro ring light went bang, cost more to repair than it cost new and I haven't bothered to replace it yet. As I always used the lens and ringlight in combination, it hasn't come out of the bag for a while.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

None - I have used them all within the last 3 months. Of course it helps having the full frame and the 1.6 as it increases the use of each lens
        ef-r

Comment

Nifty 50 ................ but not worth selling as it cost so little and might come in handy one day ..... small enough to stick in yer pocket as well.
          Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by X-ray-spex View Post
            Nifty 50 ................ but not worth selling as it cost so little and might come in handy one day ..... small enough to stick in yer pocket as well.
            Keep hold of it. The nifty fifty produces very very sharp images and quite light to carry about in your camera bag. I use mine extensively in places where you can't take any flash pics such as museums and the f1.8 aperture comes in very handy.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Was my nifty 50 up until about a week ago when I used it to take some shots of 13 yr old daughter before she went to her school sports dinner. All dressed up and looking like an 18 year old, so after the taking the shots I was feeling so old I climbed on my motorized zimmer and wandered of to bed...

David
              David

Comment

My least used lens is also my favourite, 85mm f1.2, although it's said (with merit) that it's Canon's ultimate portrait lens, for informal 'street type' of shooting I use the 135mm f2, as it's much quicker to focus (and lighter), having said that, I do prefer using the 85mm if I know I will have the time to compose/focus, apart from being marginally sharper than the 135, you can shoot head & shoulder type shots while still remaining in comfortable communication distance with the subject.
                Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I have the 24-105 f4 on the 50d and the 135 on the 5d as standard

Just love the 135
                  ef-r

Comment

My 1200mm ... too big too heavy too white ;-)

Nah ... my Sigma 10-20

Comment

50mm f1.4 and the 17-40mm. The 50mm almost got traded in not so long ago but decided against it as it's worth having a 50mm in the bag. Since going FF for all my landscape work my 17-40mm has seen little action as I've rarely felt the need to go that wide.

Comment

People forget that the 17-40 on FF is more use than 10-22 on 1.6
                        ef-r

Comment

The 18-55 kit lens that came with my original 400D, not been used in 2 1/2 years and probably never will, then my nifty fifty, that probably would be used more but it is so small i tend to forget i have it

Stan
                          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                            The 18-55 kit lens that came with my original 400D, not been used in 2 1/2 years and probably never will
                            .... me too ... keep it on my old 20D to keep the dust out !!!
                            jhdee

Comment

It was the 17-85 when I was shooting 1.6x (really didn't like it much, usually stuck to the 24-105 and lived without a wide end), but I traded that in against a 14mm last year, so now it's the 10-22 (as I only have a very old non-FF body, but I'm keeping the lens as it's excellent and I'm sure I'll have something to put it on at some point) followed by the 70-300 DO (as the GF1 + 28-280 beats it for walking around most of the time, unless the 5DmkII viewfinder wins out for some reason).
                              (Well, unless we count FD glass...)
                              :-)
                              John
                              Last edited by DrJon; 22-07-2010, 22:15.

Comment

Working...
                              X