• Show
Clear All

Anyone used one?

Sorely tempted.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: Anyone used one?

just a tad out of my reach ..not cheap
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

There was one on flea bay, but I was thinking of a new one with a x2 converter. Won't be before Christmas that's for sure.

Comment

nice to have that budget ...that lens with a x2 will offer some reach

are you FF or crop ?

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

1d iv Ian.

Comment

nice camera, with that lens combo will certainly get you close to birds

what price are these going for on ebay then

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Canon EF DO IS USM 400mm F/4.0 IS USM Lens at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

£8k new!!

Comment

not cheap - although going grey you'll get it a lot cheaper, its where all my kit came from - I had a look 5k !

Comment

Is the Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM Lens right for you? Learn all you need to know in The-Digital-Picture.com's review!

Now this has cast some doubts in my mind...........................(I used to be indecisive but I'm not sure now lol)

Comment

Never saw anyone with it, but I often see some for sale. Guess people don't want to keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                      http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx
                      Now this has cast some doubts in my mind...........................(I used to be indecisive but I'm not sure now lol)
                      Are you sure you read the right review? The link takes you to the review of the Mk1 version which is acknowledged to have had some issues. The same guy has also reviewed the new MkII and seems to be rather enthusiastic about it. Review is here:http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...-USM-Lens.aspx
                      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                          At that price I will go on a round the world cruise and still have change for a reasonable lens as well!
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Might be a day dream just now Nat, but you never know.

Comment

At that price I would be tempted with this

It's been just over two years since Canon first announced they were developing a 200-400mm lens with a built-in 1.4x extender and after a few stops and starts, it's now been officially launched. I was fortunate to get a hands-on preview at Canon HQ - it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it!
                              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                              X