Sigma 150-600 C and software update problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigma 150-600 C and software update problem

Bought the above lens, having read numerous favourable reports and seen some stunning images on this site from it and the S version.

Initial results are very favourable but apparently are improved by use of the sigma dock (which I purchased for £20 with the lens), so that was the next stage.

Firstly I installed the sigma optimization pro software on the laptop. Connected the dock to the lens, then to the computer and nothing shows!
    Repeated process few times, even removing and re-installing dock software and still no lens is shown.
    Then repeated the process on my desktop pc, with exactly same lack of response

Wonder whether anyone else has encountered this problem and how they resolved it, or is it that being a complete computer numpty I am at fault... or might it be that the dock itself is faulty

All suggestions welcome

Neal

Re: Sigma 150-600 C and software update problem

YOu might like to contact Jeff (Black fox) or Stan for advice on this. As Stan is near Hampshire he is your better option- if he has the time!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

The way I do it is connect the dock to the computer via USB lead ,turn on the sigma program on computer or laptop ,then connect hub to lens ,the light in the middle of the dock should turn green ,you then have to click on the check for firmware updates on screen ,after that's done customise the lens as required .
      So which of those stages doesn't happen .

Comment

Hi Neil, what operating system is on your laptop/desktop?
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
          The way I do it is connect the dock to the computer via USB lead ,turn on the sigma program on computer or laptop ,then connect hub to lens ,the light in the middle of the dock should turn green ,you then have to click on the check for firmware updates on screen ,after that's done customise the lens as required .
          So which of those stages doesn't happen .
          Thanks Jeff. Have now retried using the sequence you describe but still nothing. Dock has not shown green light nor responded in any way whatsoever.

The sigma software appears on both my pic (Windows 7) and the laptop(Windows 10) but connecting the lens via the dock has no effect.

Perhaps the dock or the connecting lead are faulty?

Might be worth a visit to London Camera Exchange later, see if they will swap it

Comment

Originally posted by NS3230 View Post
            Thanks Jeff. Have now retried using the sequence you describe but still nothing. Dock has not shown green light nor responded in any way whatsoever.

The sigma software appears on both my pic (Windows 7) and the laptop(Windows 10) but connecting the lens via the dock has no effect.

Perhaps the dock or the connecting lead are faulty?

Might be worth a visit to London Camera Exchange later, see if they will swap it
            That last would be my suggestion. The cable is a standard USB type that you may be able to find a replacement for but by and large going back to the shop makes most sense.
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Windows 10 and 7 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by NS3230 View Post
                Windows 10 and 7 respectively.
                Both OS's should have found the dock automatically.

In Win 10 if you click start - settings - devices - and connected devices on the right the dock should show as USB-DOCK if installed/detected.

Does sound like something isn't right if not working on 2 different computers with different OS's
                Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS

Comment

Neal don't take this the wrong way, I assume you are opening the Sigma software and not waiting for the lens to do it, when I did mine yesterday I opened the software and connected the lens to the pc win 10 and straight away asked if I wanted to check for updates all went ok, I paid £30 something for my dock so did you get a deal or could this be your problem hope you sort it

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan_H View Post
                    Neal don't take this the wrong way, I assume you are opening the Sigma software and not waiting for the lens to do it, when I did mine yesterday I opened the software and connected the lens to the pc win 10 and straight away asked if I wanted to check for updates all went ok, I paid £30 something for my dock so did you get a deal or could this be your problem hope you sort it

Alan
                    Thanks everyone for the assistance nb I installed software from sigma website and attempted connection with software opened and without and don't take offence easily!
                    Latest position is have returned dock to LCE who tested it against another pc which also failed to connect. Item now swapped and has registered immediately the lens was connected, software updated to 1.02 and will now customise as per advice found on this site.
                    Appears it wasn't a faulty usb lead, as I suspected , but a faulty dock.
                    Thanks again everyone, Neal

Comment

Super ,if you need any more help just ask

Comment

Glad your sorted

Alan

Comment

Good news, hope you enjoy the Sigma.

Comment

Working...
                          X