Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New & Uprated lenses announced...

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
    I see that there is a new 70-300 L zoom announced as well, http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/10...n70mm300mm.asp, that may be an upgrade posibility for my 70-300 kit lens and couple that with a 1.4x converter and it could potentially make a significant improvement in image quality and reach. I have a feeling that this would keep the weight / size down and mean that it should be possible to keep the lens in the same bag as I use now whereas the larger 100-400 would not fit.

What is the collectives view of looking at the 70-300L compared to the old 100-400L ?
    I can see the 70-300L as being a goodwalkabout lens
    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
      I can see the 70-300L as being a goodwalkabout lens
      better than your 24-105 ?????

David
      David

Comment

I was thinking of the 24-105 and the 70-300 as the 2 lens I would take
        ef-r

Comment

Canon are attempting to shadow the money markets, which if you look, show a Yen that is weakening. (long term trend). The Euro is too strong (around 10-15%) and market pressure is likely to bear down on this as a devaluation will assist the PIIGS group. The Dollar ironically is about right. Stability is not going to be reached for about 2-3 years, and even then some countries will lag behind this.

Canon will be quite happy as this situation encourages grey markets. They then take one to court, fine them and hey presto warehousing paid for, and quite often they get their goods back as well.

regards

Nigel (who will also be waiting until the prices severely drop, though the pending VAT hike will abate this somewhat)

Comment

The 70-300 L is the one I intend to go for. It's a gap that I have been wanting Canon to plug for a while. I currently use a Sigma APO 75-300. Gary
            www.garywhite-photography.com
            Gary White, MPhil
            Travel Photographer

Comment

A friend of mine has already ordered one.

Although he has almost a complete set of Canon white telephoto's, he has been looking for something light and usable for when he is not species hunting. He bought a Tokina 70 - 300mm, because it recieved good reviews and was disappointed with it, so that got chopped in for a Canon 70 - 300mm DO and he isn't that fond of that. As soon as the Canon 70 - 300mm L series was announced, he placed his order.

I'll probably get to play with it when it arrives, so I'll let you know what it is like.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

No updated 24-70 I see All the old folks think it should have IS
                Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
                  No updated 24-70 I see All the old folks think it should have IS
                  Millie
                  We don't need any of that nonsense Millie .................. we know what shutter speeds to use, or failing that, a tripod!

Where have you been? I get concerned when you are not on here causing mischief.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Where have you been? I get concerned when you are not on here causing mischief.
                    I think she has been hiding on Facebook

Comment

I was hoping the new lens may persuade some to sell off the old 300 2.8 IS and 500mm both I intend to purchase in next two or three months.. But I cant imagine the optics could be that much better to justify double the price! And while I am at it don't you just hate how we have to pay pound for dollar prices in the U.K. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!
                      Canon 1DX Canon EOS 1D Mark 1V Canon EOS 7D Mk 11 EOS 5D Canon EF800mm f5.6 IS Canon EF500mm f4 Mark 11 Canon EF400mm f4 IS DO EF300 f2.8 IS Canon EF 200mm f2 IS Canon EF100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS Canon EF100mm IS F2.8 Canon EF24-70 F2.8 Canon EF16-35 f4 Mk11 Canon EF15mm Fisheye Canon 1.4 tele converter 111 Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art

Comment

Working...
                      X