what to go for????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to go for????

hey ppl i went in to a camera shop today to look for a macro for my canon and they only had sigma lenses, is there much differnecs between the sigma and the canon macro's cheers nathan

Re: what to go for????

I wouldn't wish to be restricted to what my local camera shop had in stock, I would find other shops.

Although, I do believe that there isn't much difference between a Canon and Sigma Macro lens, even though I went for the canon 100mm f2.8.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

oh no i wasnt just going to just look ion one shop im going to shop about so if any one knows where i could get a decent 100mm macro to fit a canon would be appreciated cheers nathan

Comment

The only real difference between the Canon 100 macro and the Sigma 105 is the cannon front end does not extend when focusing, which I think can be helpfull when really close to a subject.

Like Colin I too went for the Canon f2.8 USM macro, but that was when there was a rebate on them and they were under £300 new.

Comment

Lucky you lol you dont no any good places to get lenses from?

Comment

Have a look at this site for places to buy lenses...

David
            David

Comment

Does anyone rate the Tamron 90mm macro?? its a bit cheaper than the canon n sigma macro and as its my first attempt at macro shots dont really wanna spend to much... cheers

Comment

Greco,

Have a look at this which is about macro lenses for Canon EOS cameras...... http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...ro_lenses.html

David
                David

Comment

I use The Digital Picture for a lot of lens reviews, I find it very good.

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens Review

Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro Lens Review

Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro Lens Review

Comment

Howabout the 50mm macro which gives good closeup shots?

Do you actually need a true macro lens?
                    ef-r

Comment

I have a Sigma 150 macro which I am pretty happy with - it also serves as a short telephoto- could post a couple of images taken with it if you'd like?
                      Di

Comment

I can recormend the Canon 100mm F2.8 IS L Lens check out the price buster site for where to buy & cheapest.
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
                        Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
                        Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

I have the Canon 180 macro - which does well on the 50D with 1.4 extender
                          ef-r

Comment

I bought the Tamron Macro lens on the back of the test in Photo Plus last year (best on test, sorry to mention another mag on the forum!!) and I can very happily say that it is a fantastic lens, and nowhere near the price of the Canon. It give nice sharp results. Oh it's on the front of an EOS50D just so you know.

Comment

Working...
                            X