70-200 f2.8 is or 70-200 f4 is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70-200 f2.8 is or 70-200 f4 is

You won't regret buying either, but unless weight is a real issue go for the 2.8 version.
    Dave

Comment

:smile got the 2.8is this morning :biggrin cracking service from Carmarthen camera centre, they beat warehouse express by quite a bit, now off to play, thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by C.C View Post
        :smile got the 2.8is this morning :biggrin cracking service from Carmarthen camera centre, they beat warehouse express by quite a bit, now off to play, thanks for the info
        Enjoy

I got mine back in 2004. The day after I received it I sold my first image to AutoSport Magazine
        rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

I bought the f2.8 recently primarily because I shoot inside churches/ cathedrals where the lighting can be VERY challenging at times. Very impressed so far but it is a very heavy lens especially handheld in places where tripods aren't allowed.
          Cliff Hobbs
          Wannabe Architectural Photographer - Always willing to listen and learn

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
            I bought the f2.8 recently primarily because I shoot inside churches/ cathedrals where the lighting can be VERY challenging at times. Very impressed so far but it is a very heavy lens especially handheld in places where tripods aren't allowed.
            I would have thought that the 135mm f2 or the 24-70mm f2.8 or the 16-35mm f2.8 would be better for inside shots
            rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodopsin View Post
              I would have thought that the 135mm f2 or the 24-70mm f2.8 or the 16-35mm f2.8 would be better for inside shots
              Well I got the 24-105 with the 5D Mark II (was torn between this and the 24-70 to be honest). The 70-200 comes in handy in cathedrals for picking out details inside and out.

Next on the shopping list is something lower than the 24-105 - thinking the 17mm TS-E but I need the price to come down a lot before I can even contemplate buying it
              Cliff Hobbs
              Wannabe Architectural Photographer - Always willing to listen and learn

Comment

Originally posted by C.C View Post
                Hope you're going to post some shots taken with the new lens!
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X