RF 600mm vs 800mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RF 600mm vs 800mm

I’m looking for some thoughts and view regarding these two lenses. If anyone has one of them, did they have any specific reasons for choosing it over the other one?

I’m leaning towards the 600mm version, mainly because I’ve had issues with finding the subject using an 800mm equivalent lens in Olympus land but would be interested in any thoughts. Interestingly, the price for the 600mm at Panamoz is £760 while WEX and LCE both have it for £709 including a £40 discount at the moment…
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

I have the 600 mm….My decision was based on the physical size as the 600 fits nicely into most bags whereas the 800mm is quite a bit bigger and I’d probably end up leaving it at home. The EOS Magazine review (spring issue) concluded the 600 was a bit if only marginally better.
    on the other hand when I crop images I nearly always wish I’d got the 800.
    but I think I did the right thing as it is easy to carry. IQ is excellent in my opinion. Focusses great with the R6. F11 means using high ISO but R6 give great results at high ISO.
    if I could justify it I’d swap for a 100-500L…but I can’t and I’m not keen on white lenses because they draw attention

£579 and £819 at HDEW…ordered mine on a Saturday afternoon and it wasn’t delivered on the Tuesday
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian. Hdew are £80 cheaper for the 600mm than MPB are for a used copy in excellent condition; tempting.
      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Yeah…I paid £2100 for my R6….£1900 for an RF70-200…..great prices…the difference is in the warranty…slightly more risk as the products are not marketed for Europe….I’ve saved thousands with them over the last few years.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Wow, that’s a difference

Comment

Working...
          X