R6 with 2x Extender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R6 with 2x Extender

Since buying the 2x (and 1.4x) earlier in the year Ive been a bit reluctant to use it as most reviews conclude that images are inferior.
    So I bit the bullet today and used it with a monopod with the RF100-500. Subjects were fairly compliant so I could use a slow shutter speed and keep ISO to 1600 or 2500....all these are shot between 600mm and 1000mm (close ups).
    I think this combo worked well (R6).

_VR68992 by brianvickers, on Flickr

_VR69002 by brianvickers, on Flickr

_VR69007 by brianvickers, on Flickr

_VR69034 by brianvickers, on Flickr

_VR69061 by brianvickers, on Flickr

where's Walley
    _VR69033 by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Those shots are good Brian, the combination works well. I've still got the EF100-400 and a 1.4 extender and that was fine on the R, haven't used it on the R6m2 yet.

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

very nice glad you tried them, I have used both on my R5 and was pleasantly surprised how god they worked only downside is for birds in flight the zoom is restricted because of the mechanics of the lens ( don't know if that is the right description ) but only if the the birds do come too close

Alan

Comment

Thanks for your comments…I struggle to get BiF in the viewfinder at anything over 600mm. You have more cropping opportunities with the R5 ….that might be an acquisition possibility for me when the R5mkII materialise and prices drop.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Good luck with the price drop.

Alan

Comment

I fairly recently moved to R6 ll, having sold or traded my 5d4, and EF lenses. I bought the RF 100-500L and RF 24-105L, and have no complaint with the image quality from the RF 100-500L when used with the RF 1.4x.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X