RF 200_800 reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RF 200_800 reviews

I had a look through the RF 200_800 at the Photography Show on Monday and I also picked up a free copy of Digital Camera and read their review of this lens. Personally I thought it was a bit heavy for me, but otherwise thought it focussed well and is comparatively well priced. However the Digital Camera reviewr though that between 700 and 800 the image quality dropped and that they got a better image at 600 and cropping.

Is this a fair criticism?
    Using Tapatalk

I've one on order, heavens knows when it will turn up. I've read quite a few reviews and can't say I've noticed comments about IQ drop off. More reading in order I think.

Quite a weighty beast but very similar to my Sigma 150-600 contemporary so not expecting it to be a problem for me.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Can't comment on that lens but as I understand it, an inate characteristic of zoom lenses with a large span of focal length is that the IQ at the extremes falls off and the best performance is in the mid range. I guess it comes down to what level of IQ one finds acceptable for the intended use of the image.

Comment

Have you looked at Duane Paton’s review on YouTube….Ive not watched it but his reviews are very down to earth using real world testing…its 45mins long and posted recently so should be comprehensive and up to date
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Most of the reviews I have watched start off with some scepticism and then they go outside and bang off a load of images and are very impressed. I tried one at the Canon stand at the Photography show and was surprised how good it was.
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
            Most of the reviews I have watched start off with some scepticism and then they go outside and bang off a load of images and are very impressed. I tried one at the Canon stand at the Photography show and was surprised how good it was.
            Nice to see you posting here again Colin
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post

Nice to see you posting here again Colin
              Why thank you Peter, it's nice to be back.
              Colin

Comment

Working...
              X