No announcement yet.

Filling the Gap between 22 and 100mm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Filling the Gap between 22 and 100mm...

So Jules ... in the runners and riders what lens is current favorite?

Ah the Marmite special ;-)

Comment

Looking like the Marmite and the 17-55 are neck and neck actually, Marmite gives me large Sensor Compatability should I eventually choose to go that way again.
      17-55 gives me, well an extra 15mm for a start, Better edge sharpness? F2.8 and three stop IS, if the price were the same it'd be a no brainer but it's not.
      I could just about buy a 17-40 and a 70-200 F4L on the second hand market for the price of the 17-55 and thats a tempting duo too!
      Much thinking to be done, also I could work my way up to buying the two in stages wheras the 17-55 seems an awful lump of cash, do love IS though...
      www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk

Comment

Go with the 24-105 (White box options are available) and consider a s/h 17-35 2.8L to give you the wider view.

Comment

Originally posted by iaind View Post
          ...................................... and consider a s/h 17-35 2.8L to give you the wider view.
          Not unless you enjoy lens correction in DPP, my copy of the 17-35mm f/2.8 is not very good at straight lines and can suffer from purple fringing at high contrast edges.
          Ok for occasional use but it would drive me insane if I used it often.
          Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X