Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered a Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM for my 450d

Hello everyone.
    As I've just bought a new Canon 450d, I thought that I might upgrade the Std 18-55mm lens. So I've just placed an order for one of the Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM lenses. It should be arriving this Friday, plus they had an offer for a free Sigma UV filter with it. I can't wait to try it out over the weekend, I'll post some photos on the forum when I've finished. Any tips on using this lens with the 450d?

Thanks.

Re: Ordered a Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM for my 450d

Enjoy your new kit and have a great weekend, looking forward to seeing some of the results

Comment

Yes, enjoy...
      John

Comment

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to seeing your images on the forum.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
          Enjoy your new camera and lens. You should get some decent pictures with that combination.
          Good Luck

Comment

Had a good day out with the new kit yesterday, before the rain came in. Here are some sample pictures taken with the new camera and lens. I must say that I'm really impressed with the new lens, I like the fact that it makes a very good all-round lens. From really close pictures ( semi macro?) to wide angle, It does loose out with the long focal length but I can live with that. All the pictures were shot in RAW, then slightly adjusted in PS RAW and then saved in jpeg format.

Thank you.

Comment

Some great images with your new lens.
              Some images are a little large (see forum rules max 800 pixels) but are really good.
              Where were these taken?

Comment

Sorry about the size, I just copied a link code from Photobucket. They were all shot in my local area in the Snowdonia National Park, five minuets walk form the house. Thank you for your comments, I'm still getting used to this camera, having owned an Oly E510 for the past few years.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinxlm View Post
                  Sorry about the size, I just copied a link code from Photobucket. They were all shot in my local area in the Snowdonia National Park, five minuets walk form the house. Thank you for your comments, I'm still getting used to this camera, having owned an Oly E510 for the past few years.

Thank you.
                  I'm off to Anglesey on Monday morning, Snowsonia National Park is a regular favourite of mine, where exactly was image #4 taken?

Comment

Hi merlinxlm, glad you're enjoying your new lens, thanks for sharing your images.

Some images are a little large (see forum rules max 800 pixels) but are really good.
                    Shephen where is the rule that says images should be 800px max, can you link to it ?

Trev

Comment

Beautiful images, do like the "falls" one. It looks so green and restful. Look forward to seeing more of these wonderful views five minutes from your front door.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X