Camera Price Buster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Price Buster

I think I'll just mention that it's a fun and useful website, but not always the Bible.

In my particular case I was at the Canon Pro Solutions show yesterday and for some insane reason I bought a 85/1.2 for about £120 under their lowest current price. Okay, I've wanted one for ages, but really can't justify it. I blame all the coffee, well, or something, whatever works... (It is nice tho... very nice...)

So, in summary, shows are good as some people (Jacobs in my case) can have some stonking deals. (So that makes 3 L lenses I've had from Donal of Jacobs at shows where I didn't really plan to buy anything expensive... 300/2.8, 70-200 2.8 II and the 85. Okay, perhaps I wanted all three... and yes, Donal's a good guy...)

I'm not sure whether I'm saying "go to shows for bargains" or "stay the heck away if you want to eat next month". Perhaps both...
    (It did get a bit tight after the 70-200!)

John

Re: Camera Price Buster

I was at the Canon Pro Solutions show yesterday
    I never hear of shows.
    I am a CPS member.

Comment

I tend to go to Focus (bit of a Zoo, but everyone's there):

Aw foo, it covers my birthday again next year... that so doesn't help with keeping the spend down...

The Societies (not so good for shopping for kit, more for other photographic materials):

and Canon Pro Solutions:

If I skipped those I'd probably have a nicer house... well, -ish...
      John

Comment

I agree about the Camera Price Buuster site may not always have the lowest price, i have found a item i wanted a few bob cheaper the odd time .
        But it is a good guideline to the price of the item you are looking to buy.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
        Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
        Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Oh, I'd certainly it is a good place to start...

Comment

Working...
          X