Next lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next lens

Yes, the f5.6 at the long end is a problem for subjects that move if the light isn't good, but at your budget you aren't getting anything all that fast so it's partly a case of how big and how far away?

Comment

I've also considered a 200mm canon lens and then crop the shots but again my lack knowledge may bewrong

Comment

The 200 f2.8L is a very good lens
        ef-r

Comment

Hi Harvey

As a test try shooting the same subject at 500, 400, 300 and 200 with your current lens and try cropping the images. I think you will find that the images at 200 and 300 will not match the ones at 400 and 500. If wildlife is your thing and with your budget, the Sigma 150 - 500 or 120 - 400 are your best options, both are superior to what you have now. I have the 150 - 500 and it is a good lens, not as good as the Canon 400 2.8; but alot cheaper.

William
          40D, 70D. 400 5.6, 70-200 2.8IS, 17-50 2.8, 150 2.8 Macro, EOS-M3

Comment

Just an update , i`ve sold the sigma and at the moment as i`m short in the funds department plan to get the 400mm f5.6, but as and when the funds get nearer the budget which i`ve increased toŁ900.00 this may alter so opinions are still welcolme, Harvey

Comment

It's quite a nice lens (assuming you mean the Canon 400mm f5.6), although the lack of IS can be a pain... good luck with whatever you decide!

Comment

Yes i meant to say the canon one, it`s going to be used on a tripod as well

Comment

Working...
                X