Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canon ef-s 55-250 mk2 noise

hi there .

need some info about the ef-s 55-250 mk2 lens iv just picked up .
    im thinking it may have a problem as the 18-55 kit lens is quiet until you half press the shutter button and it goes into focus mode .
    but this new 55-250 makes a noise as soon as you turn on the camera . its really hard to put in to words the noise its making . if you put your ear up to the lens you can near the noise its faint but its there . its not like its semi kicked in to focus mode its just a faint noise .
    have any of you guys come across the same noise / problem or is this normal for this lens .

any help would be great .
    o and its fitted to my 600d .

thanks russ

Re: canon ef-s 55-250 mk2 noise

Hi Russ,

Does it make a noise with the IS turned off ?

Trev

Comment

i thought id see if it made the noise with the is and af off and yes its still making the same faint noise .

i wish i could put into words the sound of the noise .

Comment

Sorry I can't help, I thought it might be the IS - it's like a very faint whirring sound.

Trev

Comment

ok looked into it more .

with IS on and main screen live view off it dont make the noise untill the shutter button is pressed .

with IS off and live view off and button pressed . no noise .

with IS on and off with main screen live view on it makes the noise all the time as soon as you turn the camera on ,

the only thing i can think of is the noise sounds like a faint dry bearing sound .

does this help you at all .

the thing thats getting me is the 18-55 kit lens dont make any noise at all .

Comment

the thing thats getting me is the 18-55 kit lens dont make any noise at all .
            Maybe it's the IS on your new lens. AFAIK it has that 'auto detect if it's on a tripod feature'. I don't know the correct terminology.
            I haven't got your lenses to check.
            Trev

Comment

with the IS off . when you turn the camera on theres no noise atall until you hit live view so in live view on the big screen does the IS auto kick in to keep the view stable while viewing it on the screen .

Comment

Working...
              X