help me pick a printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me pick a printer

hello, i am trying to find a good professional printer to use at home, and want to stay below 500 US dollars. would prefer to stay around 300 US but don't know where to start. can any of you recommend a good printer? i would like to be able to print relatively large prints, up to 11 in X 14 in. and it doesn't have to be canon, im not sure that it is necessary to stay with canon, or what canons reputation is for printers. any info would greatly help, as i am trying to get into this, and don't have a point of beginning. the searches i do on google bring up factory websites trying to sell basic printers. thanks again for ANY info.

-Matt

Re: help me pick a printer

I have the canon ix4000... Great Printer and within your budget

It is an A3 printer
    All the best
    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Hi Matt,

For your information - ISO A3 = 297mm x 420mm or 11.7" x 16.4".

Bob
      Bob Turner
      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I've used the cheaper Canon printers and never liked the dye inks. Their top models now use pigment inks. I use an Epson R2400 but not sure what price you'#ll get the R1900 for? THe only issue I have (with all A3+ printers) is the cost of ink!! Very small cartridges get eaten up very quickly!

By the way A3+ printers can print to 13"x19" which is a decent size.
        5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
          I've used the cheaper Canon printers and never liked the dye inks. Their top models now use pigment inks. I use an Epson R2400 but not sure what price you'#ll get the R1900 for? THe only issue I have (with all A3+ printers) is the cost of ink!! Very small cartridges get eaten up very quickly!

By the way A3+ printers can print to 13"x19" which is a decent size.

echo that Jim

the ink is not cheap at £11.00 a cartridge here in the UK and the printer takes 9 of them
          but the results are excellent, I havent seen any reviews of the new A3+ printer but guess they would be just as good

ED
          The most important thing is to know what’s important .

Wedding, Commercial and Portrait Photographer covering Somerset and Dorset
          Call me 07761926172 or Visit: www.edcrowther.com

Comment

wow, that seems really steep for ink... i guess its worth it though if you want to print from home. thanks for all the suggestions, yeah, i had to google A3. But thanks again. hopefully ill have one by christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by mskidmore View Post
              wow, that seems really steep for ink... i guess its worth it though if you want to print from home. thanks for all the suggestions, yeah, i had to google A3. But thanks again. hopefully ill have one by christmas.
              Printers like R1900, R2400, R2880 all print A3+ size - Not sure of US equivalent but is 13"x19" (13" wide). Most cn print much longer than 19" though by using the supplied rollers too).
              5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

I have the Canon mx850 and my only gripe with it is the black and white printing has a hue. You have to remember to click the grayscale printing button and that helps a bit.

Howard Sheldon

Comment

Working...
                X