Canon Pixma Pro 9500 v Pro 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Pixma Pro 9500 v Pro 1

Following on from a recent thread, I am also tempted by the Canon cashback, but I'm trying to decide between the Pro 9500 and the Pro 1. I appreciate that there is quite a price diference.

From my research, the Pro 1 has the extra black cartridges for 'superior' black and white prints. I'm not really into B&W prints at the moment (but I might review my opinion by seeing the results of these printers!!)

What I'd like to know is whether the 9500 will produce as good a (glossy) colour print as the Pro 1. I'm not worried about any time differences between the two printers.

Has anyone had experience of both printers, or can comment on the Pro1?

I am currently using an HP B9180.
    Last edited by derekc; 24-10-2012, 13:03.

Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 v Pro 1

I can't help with the comparison but do be aware that the 9500 drinks ink like the England rugby squad drink beer! And the cartridges are not always easy to get hold of in a hurry; and cost at least £10 each. To use the thicker art papers you need to allow space behind the printer since it loads those from the rear.That said it does produce excellent prints, quickly.

Comment

I'd add the Pro-100 and Epson R3000 onto the mix... err, sorry, perhaps not simplifying things there...

Worth a read:

Still getting over the 3ml of ink wasted when change between the two types of black... anyone would think they were in it for the money, oh, yes, I see...

Comment

Thanks for reply.

Of course I was trying to take advantage of the cashback!! However, if the new printer (cheaper without cashback) is significantly better than either then it may be worth doing nothing at the moment. And then there's the new Pro 10!

Has anyone any other views? Is it worth snapping up one of these two printers to save £100?

Does the fact that one is a dye and one is pigment affect the issue?
        Last edited by derekc; 26-10-2012, 12:59.

Comment

Working...
        X