Canon PRO-1 using vast quantities of ink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon PRO-1 using vast quantities of ink

My Canon PRO-1 has started using absolutely VAST quantities of ink! I replaced a Matte Black cartridge yesterday, printed about 10 pictures at 6x4 and it needed replacing again! Printed 6 A4 pictures and once again it is empty. Other cartridges seem to exhibit similar behaviour, although not quite as extreme. Looking inside, there is no visible sign of ink leaking.

Any ideas?

Re: Canon PRO-1 using vast quantities of ink

Firstly are the cartridges Canon. Even when they look like Canon stock if you brought them cheaply I bet they are copies. Secondly I do believe there are different sizes, so make sure they are same as ones replaced and thirdly the ink is mopped up by a large sponge in the bottom of the printer, and lastly make sure printer not stuck in eternal cleaning cycle.
    Hope his help a little
    Cheers
    Treff.
    Last edited by Treff; 25-11-2012, 09:20.

Comment

Re: Canon PRO-1 using vast quantities of ink

Thanks for the reply. The cartridges are most definitely genuine Canon ones, and there is only one size of cartridges for the PRO-1. However, I do believe the printer was stuck in some form of 'eternal cleaning cycle', as you put it, as it seemed to be doing a complete cleaning cycle every time a new batch of photos was printed. How do I get out of such a situation though?

Comment

Working...
      X