Canon MG7150 Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon MG7150 Printer

I just purchased a 7150 to replace my old Pixma 5200 - still working but I need a three in one.

Initial impressions - not impressed! Mainly because I am getting a magenta cast which I can find no way of correcting. With the 5200 I can access colour adjustment via the printer software and reduce the magenta saturation, but there would appear to be no such adjustment in the software of the 7150. It all appears to be a bit basic.

Looks like I have bought a turkey! Would anyone be able to confirm if using something like the Spyder colour management system would correct a colour bias if it is the printer software that is responsible, or is the colour management just applicable to the monitor correction?

Thanks,

Peter.

Re: Canon MG7150 Printer

Assume you have SW installed. Should be same as this. Go to Canon utilities and my printer you'll get this on the main tab

Canon printer.jpg

Select manual under color/intensity then click set

You'll get this
    Canon printer1.jpg

You should then be able to tweak.

Not had this issue with my Canon MG6150. Don't forget paper etc can give casts
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks Antoeknee, that layout is similar to the 5200, and the manual colour adjustment is where I would make correction(s). However, the 7150 does not appear to include this section as far as I can see.

The magenta cast is most noticeable on black and white images, disappointing as this printer is supposed to be the business for mono with the extra grey tank.....

Peter

Comment

Have you tried:

i) Removing the printer from your settings.
        ii) Downloading latest drivers direct from Canon website for the printer.
        iii) Re-add printer using downloaded drivers and not the CD that comes with it.

This may then change the options you get in preferences/printer settings to do the colour adjustment.
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
        [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Forgot to add as well - check what version you have - ie US or EU version of drivers / printer.
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

Thanks Andy, my printer only came with a Windows CD so I had to download the software from the UK site to start with. I guess I am stuck with what I have got. Seems a retrograde step from Canon to make a sophisticated printer but remove the settings which may be useful to customers looking for more control of the output....

Peter.

Comment

I found this whilst looking:

Expert news, reviews and videos of the latest digital cameras, lenses, accessories, and phones. Get answers to your questions in our photography forums.

Might be worth trying downloading both US and EU versions of the drivers and installing both LOL. Again remove printer and re-add it.
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

OK, so after spending the best part of 24 hours trying various options, I uninistalled the software and reinstalled, but opted not to install My Image Garden, and the result is I now have all the missing options!

Don’t really know if it was a partial install because MIG takes over the options or something went wrong, but I am happy now. Just need to order some more paper cos I used everything I had running test prints! (Maybe that is part of the marketing strategy!)

Peter.

Comment

Working...
                X