Printer, Color Munki & compatible with Mac osx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer, Color Munki & compatible with Mac osx

My present printer has died and would like to get a new printer but don't know what to go for except that I need to be able to turn off colour management so that I can profile printer/paper but I use Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and calibrate using a Color Munki.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know any printers which will work with Mac osx? I only want an A4 printer because I can't afford an A3.

Redgrape

Re: Printer, Color Munki & compatible with Mac osx

Hi Redgrape
    I assume you will be buying your printer new and if that is the case then most printers these days are Mac OSX compatible. i know there have been some teething issues with some print drivers on Snow Leopard but I believe the majority of these have been fixed especially on new and high end printers.
    For A4 I use an Epson \Stylus Photo R800 with Snow Leopard and have had no problems at all. I quite like the R800 as it produces good quality photo prints and also has capability of printing "labels" directly onto the face of CD/DVDs - albeit special CD/DVDs which are described as "Printable".
    Main downside of Epson printer is the cost of inks - more expensive than petrol !!!
    If you find a printer you like check with the Apple site as they have info on any compatibility problems with Snow Leopard.

HTH

jhdee
    jhdee

Comment

Working...
    X