Problems with new printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with new printer

I don’t often get frustrate but this has about done me in.

My trusty i9950 died, so I purchased a new Pixma Pro 9500 II.

Using my Color Munki I produced a new printer profile for the paper I’m using (Permajet Matt Plus). However the images all lacking red. I.e. there are all very dull looking with no warmth, no matter what ever settings I adjust . (The test target from the Color Munki has red in it BTW.)

Can anyone advise?

I guess I’ve set something up wrong somewhere but what.

This on a Windows platform.
    Last edited by Woodman; 19-07-2010, 17:34.

Re: Problems with new printer

Sorry Woodman I can't help with your issue but when you have time I would like to know how you're getting on with the Color Munki.

Comment

I am also interested in the Pixma Pro 9500 II.

I currently have the i9500 which is still currently breathing, but I am conscious that I bought it when it was first released and I am possibly on borrowed time. It still produces perfect prints and I regularly print in CD's, which I understand the Pixma Pro 9500 II doesn't do. However, when the time comes, I am attracted to the longer life of prints from the Pixma Pro 9500 II.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

The Pixma Pro 9500 II has the ability to print on to CD media. Not that I've tried it yet.

Comment

What are your settings in Photoshop and printer driver?
          5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

A bit of further information; have downloaded the paper manufactures ICC profile for the printer and used that. This has vastly improved the situation. So the issue seems to be the ICC profile generation.

After some trolling around the interweb, I managed to find some info from someone who has a similar issue with a similar printer. Haven’t had time to read it fully yet. But the colour management setting need to be disabled prior to producing the test targets to the Color Munki – which is where I think I’m going wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
              The Pixma Pro 9500 II has the ability to print on to CD media. Not that I've tried it yet.
              Thanks for the update, very encouraging.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

But the colour management setting need to be disabled prior to producing the test targets to the Color Munki
                That makes sense otherwise it'll get colour managed twice, first by the Color Munki software and then by the printer.

Comment

Hi Woodman, I use a Colormunki with a Canon MP640 Printer but do use an Apple computer, at first had lots of issues with the colour management so contacted Color Confidence (producers of the colormunki) who where very helpful. When you first start setting up to print the Target sheets I could only switch off the canon colour management once I'd clicked on print. I then had to click on the colour sync in the print box and then set the paper quality etc. Once you've completed the target sheets & scanned them save the profile for that paper, then when you go to print using that profile for printing a photo you should find that you only need to set the paper quality etc. I know that your printer windows etc are different to mine using Snow Leopard but if you look on the support site for the colormunki it may help or ring Color Confidence.

Redgrape

Comment

Hope that makes sense Forgot to say that I use Photoshop Elements 6. When printing in Elements you must set elements to manage the colour & use your profile.

redgrape
                    Last edited by Redgrape; 20-07-2010, 20:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X