Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home printing anomaly.

I don’t do a lot of home printing.
    The mother in law bought a new printer and asked (commanded) me to take away her old printer HP Photosmart 8150.
    She gave me a bag with HP premier photo paper and some spare ink cartridges.
    Out of curiously I installed it on my PC and tried to print a few snaps, just 6x4s

Here’s what happened: when printing from DPP or PS CS4 I selected the colour profile of the printer in the preferences.
    The resultant prints were horrible, with sickly, inaccurate colours.
    When I selected no profile in the preferences they were exactly as they were on the monitor.

Anyone know why this is the case, it seems like I'm having to disregard a bit of the "colour calibrated workflow" in order to get good prints.

Trev

Re: Home printing anomaly.

Is ICC switched off?
    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

I have had that when CS tried to print in Adobe RGB and the results were "muddy" to say the least. After a while of head scratching and a brief Eureka moment, I enabled sRGB and the results were very good.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys !

I haven't tried Adobe RGB for home printing - based on your experience I'll give it a miss.

Trev

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys !

I have had that when CS tried to print in Adobe RGB and the results were "muddy" to say the least. After a while of head scratching and a brief Eureka moment, I enabled sRGB and the results were very good.
          Colin, sorry to hear of your experience with the sRGB/ Adobe RGB

It's printing fine so it's a bit if a non issue.

Trev

Comment

Working...
          X