Print costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print costs

Has anyone arrived at an average cost of printing 6" x4" colour photos on a i9950 bubble jet printer using genuine Canon materials?

Re: Print costs

I have that printer, but I have never counted the cost of printing.

I keep 6 x 4 paper purely for family snaps. You know the type of thing, we take a cute snap of our grandaughter and wife wants a copy printed quickly so that she can show daughter in law when grandaughter is returned.

That sort of convenience is beyond cost.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

As Colin C ... but if I need a job lot (100's ... Mrs Bear wanted holiday snaps printing for example to show fiends at work) ... take them to Boots / CostCo / Asda / Jessops et al. You can get unit cost down to 5p (far cheaper than you could do yourself)

Comment

I don't have the i9950 printer but with my Canon mp610 itis cheaper to go to one of the stores if you are looking for 100's but I found I get better quality at home, it is a balancing act and I am afraid I now just bite the bullet and print at home it keeps everyone happy

Comment

Small numbers of 6x4 for friends, family, class work I do at home on a HP Photosmart.
          Large numbers of holiday "stuff" is done by my local Jessops as they manage to produce a fairly good quality print and at a reasonable cost for a large number.

David
          David

Comment

The estimated costs range from 15p to 35p... In addition you have to figure in the time-element if you're looking at any bulk!

I think we all know that home printing is far from 'cheap'. It's a convenience thing, and we pay the price for that convenience. I use my printer for one-off's only...

I honestly can't remember the last time I had any bulk printing done; but if required I tend to use PhotoBox. I've always found their work to be very good, and their customer-service has been excellent...

Cheers...

PS: Welcome to the forums
            I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
            Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Can't beat Photobox really for large numbers. Inkjest are as you say up to about 35p per print.
              5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Working...
              X