Pixma mp500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixma mp500

I used my mp500 printer with no problems when using Windows Vista. Now I've got Windows 7 and am having problems. I can print, although the colour isn't good, and I can't use the scanning features - my computer tells me it's downloaded but it just won't work.
    Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong and how I can fix it?
    Thanks

Re: Pixma mp500

When vista came out, I had a friend whos computer saw her printer, which worked fine with XP, but didn't print. Had to download a patch/new drivers from the site. Have you looked on the printers site to see if there is a new set of drivers? I'm betting this is the problem.

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

You using 64bit W7? You may need 64bit drivers.
      5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Judith are you using a wired connection (USB) or wireless (Bluetooth)??

Did you upgrade the computer from Windows Version 6.0 (Vista) to Windows Version 6.1 (Windows 7)? or did you get a new computer with Windows 7 preloaded ?

Aside from loading the appropriate drivers as Jim indicates ... you'll need to set it up using a wired connection before going wireless. I have a friend with a similar printer and you have to be quite pedantic in the order you do things.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I am using a wired connection, but I have now downloaded the 64 bit driver & it is working!
          I must have got the 32 bit one before without realising the difference - it is all a learning process!

Comment

Working...
          X