A gift arrived today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gift arrived today.

Today our new printer arrived! This was purchased mainly for work use as our old commercial printer was costing a small fortune. And as we don't have an apprentice anymore needing 100s of pages of college work printed every week. There was no need for high monthly costs, as well as something so commercial. So we purchased this and then signed up to a pixma print plan.

On a photography side though, as this is all about photos this place, I'm gonna try doing the odd photo printing with it. Nothing commercial obviously, just for our own personal use, scrap booking that sort of thing and wondered what people had used as good photo paper in the past? And any advice when it comes to printing images. I've not done it since the school days

Cheers all

Nathan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NathCarr91; 17-03-2024, 13:26.

Hi Nat. I been using the TS7750i for a month or so now with no problems. I use Canon Matte Photo Paper (MP-101) at the moment, for no other reason than we got a good stock of it. 99% of photos I print are ID's either at A4 for identification or multiple images (Passport size) on a A4 sheet which we cut for passes. I'm in the fortunate situation I don't have to buy ink. All in all a good printer producing what I have to produce. All pictures are printed straight from the camera taken against a Grey Card BG, obviously being ID's we do not play with them in photoshop etc.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hi Trev, thanks for commenting, it's good to hear positive feedback about the printer. I'll have a look at the Canon matte paper. I had a brief look last night on the canon website at paper, I didn't think it would have so many options

Comment

Originally posted by NathCarr91 View Post
        Hi Trev, thanks for commenting, it's good to hear positive feedback about the printer. I'll have a look at the Canon matte paper. I had a brief look last night on the canon website at paper, I didn't think it would have so many options
        As I say, I only print out ID photo's on the Matt paper, very rare anything else, all other photography from this side is used in 'PowerPoint' Presentations.
        Hardly ever print anything of my own now (stuff I put up on here)
        however can't fault the printer, it does what it's suppose to do, so that's all that matters.
        HAPPY PRINTING !
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I’d print a small 6x4 to confirm brightness and the need for extra sharpening before committing to a big print.
          there are lots of papers to experiment with…some manufacturers offer sample variety packs to help in the process..
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Good advice, thanks Brian. I'll have a look into the variety packs. It's likely that 6x4 or 7x5 is probably the biggest i will print as it's just for making memory/holiday albums. But it would be good to try a bigger print at some stage

Comment

Working...
            X