DPP and external monitor screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP and external monitor screen

I altered the monitor settings in Windows 7 on my laptop so that when using Zoombrowser double clicking on an image opened it on my larger second monitor. Does anyone know how to do this with DPP?

Re: DPP and external monitor screen

Do you mean get it to open in a different window?

If so: Tools/Preferences/Image Selection Status/ untick Images opened in edit window remain in main window.

The images should now open in a second window and you should be able to arrange the 2 windows in Windows similarly to how you did for the other program.
    TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Hmmm, I am impressed Wayne.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Cheers Colin, now if I could only figure out what I'm actually meant to do with the software itself...
        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I love the humour on this Forum.
          Colin
          Colin

Comment

Do you mean get it to open in a different window?

If so: Tools/Preferences/Image Selection Status/ untick Images opened in edit window remain in main window.

The images should now open in a second window and you should be able to arrange the 2 windows in Windows similarly to how you did for the other program.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wayne. Yes I tried that but it doesn't quite have the same benefit as in Zoombrowser.

In DPP doubleclicking on an image initially opens it in a new window but on top of the main screen. You can then drag it over to the second window/larger external monitor leaving the thumbnails page on the original screen/window.

If you minimise the image being edited (it drops down to the bottom of thumbnail window) and you can thn maximise it back onto the large screen easily.

But if you want to open a new image from the thumbnails, it doesn't automatically pop into the second window (unlike in Zoombrowser). You have to again do the drag and drop thing. My main window is a small laptop, my second big window is a 24" screen.

Comment

Just to conclude this thread, Canon USA have confirmed the second window cannot be set to open on the second screen.

Comment

Originally posted by DJGwyther View Post
                Just to conclude this thread, Canon USA have confirmed the second window cannot be set to open on the second screen.
                That's a shame, as I would have found that quite useful myself. Thanks for the update!

All the best, Mike.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Swap the screens round
                  ef-r

Comment

Working...
                  X