Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS SOftware reinstall needed

Hi,

I have just had to have my Mac Book hard drive completely cleared & have reinstalled all of the software except for the canon software. Initially I loaded the software for the disc, & have upgraded the software as it becomes available. I can't now however reinstall the software as my operating system is newer than my software disc & to use the download it keeps telling I have to have the software previously installed.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do. I'm using MAC OS 10.7 Lion.

Many thanks.

John
    5D MII, 24-105, 100-400,

Re: EOS SOftware reinstall needed

Originally posted by curacion66 View Post
    Hi,

I have just had to have my Mac Book hard drive completely cleared & have reinstalled all of the software except for the canon software. Initially I loaded the software for the disc, & have upgraded the software as it becomes available. I can't now however reinstall the software as my operating system is newer than my software disc & to use the download it keeps telling I have to have the software previously installed.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do. I'm using MAC OS 10.7 Lion.

Many thanks.

John

Hi John,

When I wanted to replace the handbook for my camera (from the EOS Magazine shop), for my £10 or so I got the handbook and a new software disc.

I'm not familiar with Macs, but I recall seeing something about a simple entry in the windows registry "fooling" the download - perhaps there is a similar trick for your machine?

Good luck.

Martin

Comment

Re: EOS SOftware reinstall needed

I know in Windows when you try and install the downloaded software it says that you have to have the old software installed and asks you where it is . You then put the software disc into a dvd drive and point it there , it then installs . Don't know if it's the same on a mac though .
      Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

Working...
      X