Imagebrowser EX Install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagebrowser EX Install problem

After reading about it in the current print magazine, I decided to download and install Imagebrowser EX for my PC (Windows 7 SP1 64 bit). This install requires the camera to be connected by USB when installing, but a window pops up with a scrolling bar saying "Verifying the device".

And there it sticks, and sticks, and sticks. In fact the only way to get rid of that box and the almost standard Canon software installation screen behind it is to Kill it using Ctrl-Alt-Delete. It doesn't hang up the whole computer, it just hangs the installation. I have downloaded the program 3 times (including once from the USA site), and tried 3 USB ports on my PC. The computer recognises the camera, and I can use Explorer to see what is on my SD card, but it will not go beyond this point.

There is nothing to Uninstall as regards this program yet, so I guess it hasn't even got that far.

Any ideas??

Re: Imagebrowser EX Install problem

It may be like Zoombrowser which requires 'CameraWindow DC' to recognise a G-series.

Bottom line - install everything on the CD that came with the camera you are trying to connect.

Comment

Disable your internet security also while trying to install
      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Did you achieve a solution to this issue?

I am experiencing the same problem also using Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. It appears that it is unable to locate the required server on the internet.

I have tried the following:

- two different cameras (Powershot A75 and Powershot SX1 IS) (both of which open Camera Window 8.8 when connected to PC)

- disabling Windows Firewall

- disabling Microsoft Security Essentials

- disabling Malwarebytes Anti-malware software

None of the things I have tried have made any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnthay View Post
          Did you achieve a solution to this issue?

I am experiencing the same problem also using Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. It appears that it is unable to locate the required server on the internet.

I have tried the following:

- two different cameras (Powershot A75 and Powershot SX1 IS) (both of which open Camera Window 8.8 when connected to PC)

- disabling Windows Firewall

- disabling Microsoft Security Essentials

- disabling Malwarebytes Anti-malware software

None of the things I have tried have made any difference.
          Hi John

No, I still haven't resolved the problem, unfortunately, despite the suggestions above. I haven't tried Canon UK directly because quite honestly, their response in the past has been pretty poor (in particular, their inability as a major global AV company to produce a codec for the 64-bit version of Windows 7 for my camera the EOS60D). If the Australian Office is any more helpful, please let me know!

Ian

Comment

Ian

Customer support sent me a disk containing ImageBrowser Ex which istalled for me. I'm happy to copy it and send to you if you don't have any luck with your local support people.

John

Comment

I am having problems with image browser EX also, no matter what I do or where my photos are, nothing happens, there is obviously something wrong with this particular software, it is driving me mad, and clicking on the help button, nothing happens either, not happy, wasted a lot of time trying to use it, not good.
              EOS 50E with Tamron EF lense 28-200mm, EOS 760D, EOS 650D, Canon EFS lense 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM and Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM, and Canon flashgun 380EX

Comment

I know in the past when i've tried to install stuff from the canon site (usually after a clean install of Windows) , the program has asked for the original camera disk to be inserted in a disk drive to verify that i actually have the right to install . It doesn't install anything from the Disk just verifies .
                Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

Sorry, Gordon, but this came straight of the CD that came with my camera, and despite completely uninstalling and re-installing all of Canon software, still have no luck using ImageBrowser, so have re-installed Zoombrowser, and am having to use this software, rather than the latest one. Will try and contact Canon when I have time, as this is not good enough, and it seems I have not been the only one with this problem.
                  EOS 50E with Tamron EF lense 28-200mm, EOS 760D, EOS 650D, Canon EFS lense 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM and Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM, and Canon flashgun 380EX

Comment

I've just got an EOS-5D Mk III and it came with EOS Solutions disk v27.2. I seem to get a good install (eventually) message, but when I launch it, it says it's going to "update the database" then fails telling me my Microsoft Silverlight installation is at fault. Of course this is cobblers, as I had previously removed Silverlight and rebooted, re-installed Silverlight v5 from a fresh Microsoft download, rebooted and tested other things before I started.

Has anyone got ImageBrowser EX to work ? I'm on 32 bit Windows XP SP3 with latest patches.

Any advice gratefully received.

Comment

I have the same problem on Windows 7 32 bit, everything updated, so use Zoombrowser EX, not sure why this arises, never got ImageBrowser EX to work, even on a freshly formatted PC.

Comment

I've not tried Image Browser, but I do have a problem with my computer recognising my camera if I use a USB 3.0 slot to connect it. It's fine with USB 2.0.
                        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X