CS6 Users Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS6 Users Advice please

I posted something under General Discussions, perhaps I should have put it here. CS6 available half price to PSE owners. I am tempted but a bit scared of the complexity of the full Photoshop programme.
    Using Lightroom 4 at present. Wouild still us ethis for catalogeuing etc.
    Just wondering weaht the real benefits are and does it take ages to get to grips with CS6, please. I shoot RAW.
    Thanks for any input.
    Hugh

Re: CS6 Users Advice please

I use CS6.

I got hooked onto CS quite early and spend a lot of time learning what the upgrades are from each CS version and convince myself that the next version is going to make a significant difference to my workflow. But in my opinion, the new solutions offered and shown by Adobe rarely work as well in the real world.

To be fair, the interface options of the dark background suit me much better and is more similar to Lightroom, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the majority of photographers, me included, don't really need anything more sophisticated than Elements.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I'm still on CS3 but since getting LR4 I'm finding I'm using CS less and less.
      I'll probably go for the latest PSE when I update my software.

Mike
      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Colin & Mike
        Thanks for the replies. Very helpful. I was only considering CS6 due to this half price offer.
        Maybe it is a bit OTT for my needs, and limited PP abilities.
        Hugh

Comment

Hugh,

I was using LR2 and Elements 10 pretty much as I believe you use your set up, I loaded images into LR and use its cataloguing plus do most of the basic adjustments in LR. I then trialed the Beta version of LR4 and liked it so upgraded which I have no regrets. The mistake I think I made was to then purchase CS6 in my mind to compliment LR4 and provide me with more capability than offered in Elemnets 10.

Since I have purchased the CS6 I have produced a few panoramas with it and had a quick play but to be honest I feel that for what I use it for I may well have wasted my money. I still go back to Elements 10 which does everything that I personally want.
          Last edited by Muscat; 25-08-2012, 08:09. Reason: Typo

Comment

I use CS6 & LR4 just on my company laptop as I get Adobe products for free for work. CS6 is generally as easy to use as PSE ... until you start using the huge number of extra things it will do. The first you notice is just how many extra options ACR has when launched from CS6 cf PSE.

Now its a down for debate if the average (or indeed above average) photographer will need or use a lot of these features. If you are a graphic designer and use CS6 (and other stuff) for a living then I guess that's a different story.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Decision made- upgrade Elements to 10, save dosh and not buy CS6.
              Hugh

Comment

Wise decision Hughbie

Mike
                www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
                X