Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Creative Cloud

Hi

Having used Photoshop Elements 8 for a couple of years now (I think), I was looking at upgrading to Photshop Elements 11. Having downloaded the trial, I do quite like v11... but....

Adobe also do Creative Cloud, which is a subscription based service which offers Photoshop CS6 for around £17.00 per month, or a whole host of packages inc Lightroom for around £46.00 per month.. What do you think?

Is this a good deal? Would Photoshop CS6 be too advanced for an amature? although I have also downloaded the trial of that as well :)

As you can see you get hell of a lot of packages for this amount..

Thanks

Stuart
    Stuart Tunstall
    York - UK

- Canon EOS 7D - Tamron 18 - 270mm f3.5 - 6.3 Di II VC - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Canon Speedlight 580EX II - Canon Timer Remote Control TC 80N3 - Giottos GTMTL9361B with MH5001 Head - Lowpro 300AW Backpack - Photoshop CC - Lightroom CC - Aurora HDR 2018 - Photolemur 3 - Plus a few other bits -

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud

Stuart do the math... LR4 is about £100 (round fig) and the PSE11 say another £100 (I do not think you can upgrade from PSE8 to PSE11 as there is a two release gap...now I could be very wrong with this statement) so say £200 for all that you need with the new updates to PSE11 and LR4.2

These two together are very powerful and maybe get the Topaz add-in bundle which works seamlessly with PSE & LR and I think you will have more than you need.

I use LR4.2, CS5 and Topaz and it is only a very small bit of CS5 that I use. I purchased CS5 through the Adobe Education "scheme". If I was not able to get CS at the "right price" then it would be PSE11, LR4.2 and Topaz.
    LR upgrades do not cost the earth, Topaz upgrades are free, PSE upgrades are not top dollar.

Now if you are producing brochures, etc for clients then CS6 becomes a no brainer and if all Adobe customers are using the cloud then everyone will be on the same release and Adobes cost of running a support division is dramatically reduced..Adobe wins and you are forever paying a monthly bill with no way of offsetting the cost to your "company" running expenses.

Just my thoughts on this idea from Adobe...

David
    David

Comment

I use Photoshop CS6, and have always had CS (from CS2) It has cost me about £1350 over seven years (initial purchase and subsequent upgrades). That works out at about £200 a year, for one product. The Cloud costs £17 a month, which is £200 a year - the same cost, but you get the other products.

There seems to be two questions here:

1. Do you need CS6 over Elements? I think Adobe RAW is so good now, you hardly need to do much processing post-RAW. Do you get the same RAW processor in Elements as in CS6? I'm never sure.

2. Do you need the other products under cloud. It sounds an impressive list, but would you use them?

Comment

Thank for the replies..

The CS6 you get in the cloud is the extended version which they sell for £900.... I do also run my own vehicle related website, so things like Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks would be useful...

I have already checked, and you can upgrade from Elements 8 to 11 ;)

I have already downloaded trials of both Elements 11 and CS6 for 30 Day's so I can see the difference and see if it is worth the outlay...

For £17.00 a month just for the CS6 "Extended" does seem good value based on the initial purchase cost of £900...IF I then used Dreamweaver, £358, Flash, £660, Fireworks, £282, then I get the latest LR version upgrades, £60 then £40 a month seems reasonable..

As I say I am looking at all options... I have 30 days, well 29 now to make my mind up if I want to go that advanced..

Stu
        Stuart Tunstall
        York - UK

- Canon EOS 7D - Tamron 18 - 270mm f3.5 - 6.3 Di II VC - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Canon Speedlight 580EX II - Canon Timer Remote Control TC 80N3 - Giottos GTMTL9361B with MH5001 Head - Lowpro 300AW Backpack - Photoshop CC - Lightroom CC - Aurora HDR 2018 - Photolemur 3 - Plus a few other bits -

Comment

Working...
        X