Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP and HDR

Hi.
    I have read how HDR can be done by just taking one image, then, in the software, another 2 images are taken from it simulating different exposures. These are then merged as in HDR.

Is there any way off doing this with the DPP software?

Thanks.

Re: DPP and HDR

Just open one image and use DPP's HDR tool.

You can always take an original image and save with +2 and -2 stops - you now have three images for DPP's HDR tool to play with.
    Or set AEB (+/-2) and take the three images (or whatever your DSLR does) and let DPP's HDR tool (with auto-align set on) have a go with these.

NB: 2 stops offset is a starting point for experimentation

Comment

Probably being a bit dim here but I can't find any mention of HDR in my copy of DPP version 3.10.2.0 or in the help file. Am I looking for the wrong thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Opifex View Post
        Probably being a bit dim here but I can't find any mention of HDR in my copy of DPP version 3.10.2.0 or in the help file. Am I looking for the wrong thing?
        Under tools.

My version is 3 12 40 0

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
          Just open one image and use DPP's HDR tool.

You can always take an original image and save with +2 and -2 stops - you now have three images for DPP's HDR tool to play with.
          Or set AEB (+/-2) and take the three images (or whatever your DSLR does) and let DPP's HDR tool (with auto-align set on) have a go with these.

NB: 2 stops offset is a starting point for experimentation
          Thanks for that.
          What I am trying to do is do it from one image, making the other 2 from the original using DPP.
          Hope that makes sense?

Comment

You can always take an original image and save with +2 and -2 stops (using DPP) - you now have three images for DPP's HDR tool to play with.

Comment

You can always take an original image and save with +2 and -2 stops (using DPP) - you now have three images for DPP's HDR tool to play with.
              Just for clarity, what exactly do you do to save with + and - 2 stops?

take contrast and highlights down to - 2, save, then repeat with +2?

I cant see any dedicated exposure controls (like in other programs)

Thanks

Ian
              EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

The 'Brightness adjustment' slider (in the RAW tab of the tools palette) [or if you have a JPEG, use the 'Brightness' slider in the RGB tab].

You can fix other issues after HDR ... well again you can experiment with the original and fix any major issues before saving with +2/-2

Comment

The 'Brightness adjustment' slider (in the RAW tab of the tools palette) [or if you have a JPEG, use the 'Brightness' slider in the RGB tab].

You can fix other issues after HDR ... well again you can experiment with the original and fix any major issues before saving with +2/-2
                  That's the one!

Many thanks.

Comment

Simple as that! - had not thought of doing that, thanks

Ian
                    EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

It's a just a place to start from. You'll need to experiment (the +2/-2 may be too much, for example). You may need to prepare the original first (cropping, lens correction, etc). There is a no right way ....

Comment

Originally posted by oldbaldgit View Post
                        Under tools.

My version is 3 12 40 0
                        Thanks OBG

I've updated the software and found HDR.

I'm a bit annoyed that the software supplied with the camera in May was 12 months out of date. Never thought to look for an update.

Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Opifex View Post
                          Thanks OBG

I've updated the software and found HDR.

I'm a bit annoyed that the software supplied with the camera in May was 12 months out of date. Never thought to look for an update.

Graham.
                          Only 12 months......

Comment

Working...
                          X