Opening files in DPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening files in DPP

I am having trouble opening Raw files in DPP (Mac OS Lion).

From reading various instructions on Forums etc. - it seems that I should click on 'Folder View' to see a directory of my computer. Nothing happens!!

I have tried going into Preferences >General and browsed for the appropriate folder - still nothing.

The only way I can open a folder is by Right clicking on one image in that folder an changing it's Open With application.

Surely there must be a simpler way than this, ? Please??!
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Opening files in DPP

I haven’t got a Mac, but in Windows under general settings you have two options. ‘Last displayed folder’ and ‘Specified folder’.
    Make sure that ‘Last displayed’ is the button that’s checked.
    And if it is make sure that the greyed out section ‘Browse’ C:\##### is where your images are located. If not browse to that folder and open an image, come back to ‘Last displayed folder’ and check it.
    I do hope that helps!
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Thanks for your help JaKS! I have tried what you suggested, and even though the folder I want to open is greyed out in the Browse window, it still won't open.
      Maybe I will just have to stick with changing the 'Open with' setting in one image of the relevant folder - that seems to work, but I am SURE there's a better way - (must be Mac induced!!)

I will let you know if I find a solution....!

Comment

Hello Diana

Since upgrading to Lion, I get the same problem as you and I use the same workaround.
        Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin - glad that it is not just me being slow off the mark! BTW - will you be upgrading to Mountain Lion??

Comment

BTW - will you be upgrading to Mountain Lion??
            Probably. I will check with a few friends what the benefits are and assuming no problems, I will upgrade.
            Colin

Comment

I use a mac with Lion OS and if I click on folder view it gives me a directory of my laptop. Internal and external hard drives show up and I can use the normal browser options to find whatever files are on the drives.

I do keep an icon of my internal hard drive on the desk top - do you have the same?? If not it may be worth creating as desktop icon/link - this may give DPP the address it needs to get started - I'm only guessing but it may be worth a try.

Gelert

Comment

Someone I know with a Mac has asked me:

""Has your friend updated to the latest version of the canon utilities? ""
                The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Thanks for that - yes I did upgrade DPP last week.

Will try your Desktop Icon idea, Gelert, thanks v. much for the suggestion.

Originally posted by JaKS_Foto View Post
                  Someone I know with a Mac has asked me:

""Has your friend updated to the latest version of the canon utilities? ""

Comment

Well, bingo - that seems to have workedą! Thanks a lot!!
                    Di

Comment

Working...
                    X