Topaz B&W Effects 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topaz B&W Effects 2

If anyone is interested, Topaz B&W Effects, the budget alternative to Silver Efex Pro, has just been updated to version 2 and Topaz are offering a 30% discount by using the code "bwfx2" at the checkout.

Topaz accept PayPal payment so there's none of the usual exchange-rate/service-charge/security shenanigans you can fall foul of with credit/debit card payments. At current PayPal exchange rates the software is only £28.39 which is far more palatable than the $200 price of Silver Efex Pro 2.
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Re: Topaz B&W Effects 2

Thanks Steve, I have the full suite of Topaz tools and downloaded the B&W Effects 2 yesterday.

Comment

Thank you for that. I have the Silver Effex, so don't need this. I do have Topaz Adjust which I find very useful. What other Topaz products are considered worthwhile? Is the de-noise programme worth the outlay (- once an offer is made available!)?

Comment

Hi Steve,
        Thanks for that info.
        I tried to get into the Topaz page but was blocked from doing so by my anti-virus software (Bullguard) which said that this site is known for stealing identity information and for planting malicious software ! Does anybody else get a report like this from other anti-virus software (eg Norton etc.)?
        James
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Norton reports it clean as a whistle... but that doesn't mean to say it is

Here's their report page fopr Topaz

I've been on the B&W Effects page today without any [apparent] problem!
          Cheers;
          Lee
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
          5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
          17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Never had any problems with the Topaz pages and I upgraded to B&W Effects 2 yesterday.
            David

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
              Norton reports it clean as a whistle... but that doesn't mean to say it is

Here's their report page fopr Topaz

I've been on the B&W Effects page today without any [apparent] problem!
              Nice avatar Lee .....
              David

Comment

Working...
              X