Adobe ID Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe ID Scam

I had reason to contact Adobe help desk today. I received an e mail supposedly from them requesting that I confirm my Adobe ID.

It turns out the e mail is a 'phishing' e mail. If you receive a similar I suggest you delete it.

Part of the mail item is reproduced here:

Dear #### ######, You recently created an AdobeID. Your AdobeID is ######@###.com.

To confirm your email address, please click this link: #####://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com/renga-idprovider/pages/evp?state=d51liE0Xk-h1CpP7Ntjme5aJl2LSBxS1RkD-r5TLWfRYih-G9PIa-DZBOnR9KYO03WpViHSs4m1WFU7s1i52PkmPPSo-lb_c3y4FM0_2VbWNbmn-rIrLiwcvxYdroGU_qUnug9KH-KuSekgLhRPBRtTNQo78yh8FWGss3tsY7Wr3WwmnbBP5Q5osUBS gCbYEkUQ4aipjapf2HczrRWaRR8-kTMUwFW4l39#####

It appears quite valid, but ignore it.
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Re: Adobe ID Scam

Thanks for the headsup

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the warning.

Comment

I have just had the same with an Email from Paypal.

Looked absolutely genuine and confirmed a payment for $149.99 for a Casio watch, delivery to my unconfirmed address in America. I have a maximum of 45 days to cancel the transaction and they provide a "click" for that purpose. It looked so very genuine and of course, I never purchased that watch. It also came in on a separate Email account that I use for specific purposes and my Paypal account is used on the main Email.

On a separate window, I logged into Paypal and checked my account and surprise surprise ............... no such transaction.
        Colin

Comment

Working...
        X