Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best software for printing Contact prints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best software for printing Contact prints?

I am setting myself up with an on-site printing service and was wondering which software is the best for printing out the contact prints?

I have CS 6 / Elements 10 plus DPP but they all seem to take a fair while to prepare for printing, for example, using CS6 (through Bridge), If I select 25 images per sheet, it layers them all individually then flattens then prints, takes absolute ages, time I don't have, especially as I am aiming for maybe 20 sheets per event...

Just wondered what you guys & gals use that is efficient?

Cheers
    Martin

It is better to have and not need...than to need and not have!

EOS 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS USM, EF 50mm F1.8 ll, EF 70-200 F4 L IS, Nissin Di866 Speedlight, Yongnuo YN568EX Speedlight, 4 x Yongnuo 622C triggers, a Battery Grip and 4 spare batteries (for emergencies...)

Re: Best software for printing Contact prints?

A friend of mine uses the "explore" facilty in windows. Open up the explore, get to the folder that contains the photos - the folder list is on the left hand side of the screen and the individual images will be on the right hand side of the screen. Click on the several images you want to print as a contact (click the 1st in the range, hold shift and then arrow down say 20 items.) Right click and take the print option. This will bring up the wizard, follow the screen instructions and hey ho! The clicking can be a bit tricky but a bit of practice should get you there.
    Try this and see how you get on
    Good luck

Comment

Doesn't Zoombrowser (software than is on the same disk as DPP) have a contact sheet option? I jknow I've seen it somewhere... but I'm at work right now, so can't check!

Mike
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Gnu has a Contact sheet plug in. http://registry.gimp.org/node/120 might be worth giving a try for nothing. Of course you need the main programme downloaded.

Only time I've ever done anything like this, my printer had a side programme that did it. So never used the gnu one.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X