Alternative to lightroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to lightroom

I cannot ever seem to get to the stage where I can 'afford' or perhaps I should say, 'justify' the cost of Photoshop and Lightroom. So I tend to use alternatives like Serif's photo plus (£9.99) and more then ever now, Gimp - which is free, and to be honest, pretty awesome.

most of the tutorials that exist online/ you tube etc are for PS and LR. I have become reasonably adept at translating PS tutorials into Gimp, however with lightroom it is harder, I use Picasa and that is great for organization, and quick access etc but limited in terms of editing.

I have played with lightroom trial editions, and right now have the Version 5 Beta on my pc - it IS brilliant, but deathly slow (on my old laptop at least) I really like LR and would love to be able to by it but I just came across the latest version of Corel's After Shot 5

it is half the price of LR, (until the end of May anyway) and there is a free 30 day trial: http://www.corel.com/corel/product/i...id=prod4670071

I have it downloaded and it is really fast and does a lot of the same things that LR does, even has it's own version of the adjustment brush - not quite as nice as the LR one but it works fine plus it has adjustment layers (LR does not) reads raw files easy also

just thought I would share - I wont be buying wither until I get a better pc!

Ian
    EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii
Working...
X