CS6 problem (on Windows) - help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS6 problem (on Windows) - help please?

I'm having a strange issue with Photoshop CS6 Extended x64 (retail, not CC, so version 13.0.1) on Windows 7 x64. It may happen with other versions of PS/Windows but I'm using this setup. I'm hoping to see if others can reproduce it.

The short version is I get into a state where the Adaptive Wide-Angle (AWA from now on) Filter Dialogue won't appear. I've duplicated it on my Notebook computer so I'm suspicious if it's me or Photoshop and so I'm looking for a couple of volunteers to try it or venture opinions.

Here's a short set of instructions to duplicate the issue, note it doesn't go wrong every time, but it seems reasonably frequent.

(i) Start CS6 x64
    (ii) Open a JPEG Image (sample provided - a Canon 5DmkII picture taken with a 8-15mm fisheye lens at 15mm)
    (iii) Add 20 percent to the Canvas size in both directions, relative
    (iv) Run the Adaptive Wide Angle Filter (AWA) from Filter menu, in the dialogue use defaults (Fisheye, 15mm, 0.81) but add a vertical line on a bent telephone pole at the right edge, hit OK.
    (v) Click on Canvas in the History window to undo the filter
    (vi) Click on AWA in Filter menu, if the problem happens no Dialogue Box appears but the AWA is immediately done using the default values, rather asking what I want.

Once I've had the issue I have to close and restart PS to get the AWA dialogue back, which is annoying if I've got a bunch of images open.

Any help would be most appreciated.

John

I've also posted this question on the dpreview site, as it's easy to post a full-res example file there. To get the sample go to http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51526563 click "original size" and save to disk. I suspect you need to be registered there to download though.
Working...
X