CRW files. What can I do with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CRW files. What can I do with them?

Thank you again. I've had a little play. I have renamed a CRW file as a jpg file. This has worked - sort of. The file will now open in DPP, but only the thumbnail will open. The same applies for CS5/Bridge. All that opens is the thumbnail and when I try to increase the size to something useful the image just pixellates. I then tried renaming the files as CR2 files. This too worked, but only for the thumbnail as before. The full sized image does not seem to want to open in DPP, and I think it must be a problem with DPP rather than the camera/CS5 or Windows. The required information all seems to be there but DPP can't seem to read it.

Comment

DPP does seem to have... "issues." I use version 3.10.2.0 (up to date, I believe) and it can't read CR2 files, it crashes every time. This means I've given up the idea of shooting in RAW, it's just too much hassle.

edit: just updated DPP to 3.13.0 and problem solved. Might be worth trying.
      Last edited by NickM; 02-06-2013, 16:32.
      I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

[QUOTE=NickM; I use version 3.10.2.0 (up to date, I believe) [/QUOTE]

Version 3.10.2.0 dates from August 2011. The current version is 3.13.0 (April 2013).

You can check for and download the latest version at:
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks Robert. Ironically 3.10.2.0 was the current version when I downloaded it on 1st April at 1655 (bought my 1100D the day before) and it looks like Canon updated their DPP downloads later that day, as 3.13 starts from 1st April too. I must've just downloaded the old version minutes before the new one went up.
          I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X