Lightroom 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom 5

Just had an email that it's been released.
    I can't use LR4 properly so think I'll give it a miss for a while but it might be of interest to some of you.
    TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Re: Lightroom 5

Some of the features look useful. Upgrade I think.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Just pre-ordered my copy from B&H

Comment

upgraditis....a terrible affliction...however....:-)
        ...there is symmetry in chaos....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mosscroft-images/
        http://500px.com/DouglasMcMann/

Comment

Humm, I've always bemoaned Lightroom's lack of a decent spot-healing brush, lack of a perspective tool to help with converging verticals, and the lack of a quick horizon tool - and they're all included in the upgrade!

Converting to 8-bit and importing into Elements for spot-healing/perspective correction was always a chore, now it's all available at 14-bit in LR. Perhaps the upgrade price isn't so bad after all .....
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

For UK residents Full/Upgrade available via download from Adobe here. (£102.57/£57.64)
            If you want a boxed upgrade version then Amazon are accepting pre-orders for delivery after 20 June here. (£59.09). The full boxed version for delivery after 20 June is available here. (£103.88)
            Last edited by Norman; 11-06-2013, 08:09.
            Regards ,
            Norman

Comment

I'll definitely be upgrading even though I only purchased LR4 2 months ago. I totally love it and couldn't imagine pursuing a photography hobby without it. For what it does I can't believe how cheap it is. I'll be getting the upgrade just to be sure I'm investing my time in the latest version.
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Upgraded last night, dare I say seems a bit zippier too.
                Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Keep us posted on what you think. I'm still using the beta version but will upgrade after the 20 Jun and get a boxed version.

Take a look at these video tutorials if you haven't already.
                  Regards ,
                  Norman

Comment

Upgraded last night (£57) and yes compared to LR4 does seem much faster to load an image
                    David

Comment

Norman, many thanks for the helpful link to the video tutorials.

Comment

You're welcome.
                        Regards ,
                        Norman

Comment

Ok, so I have upgraded. How do I get all my photos including the changes etc into my new version? can"t find any help anywhere? I could just import them from their current location but will that bring all the files created by lightroom 4 which contain changes etc?
                          Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Originally posted by secondintime View Post
                            Ok, so I have upgraded. How do I get all my photos including the changes etc into my new version? can"t find any help anywhere? I could just import them from their current location but will that bring all the files created by lightroom 4 which contain changes etc?
                            from FILE at the top chose Import from another Catalog, then choose your LR4 catalog (need to know location) do a search for a .lrcat file
                            All the best
                            Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Originally posted by secondintime View Post
                              After I upgraded and then opened LR5 the LR4 catalogue was upgraded to a LR5 Catalogue. This same process happened when I upgraded from LR3 to LR4. I did not have to physically do the catalogue upgrade. If you are having a problem then I suggest you go to the LR Forum and report the issue there as the forum has a number of very good LR Gurus who will help you.
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X