Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be the best Photo editing software

Hi guys
    I am new to Photo editing down loaded one on line, but no good can anyone recommend one for a beginner .

. Cheers Jimmy

Re: What would be the best Photo editing software

You can always start with the free one shipped with the camera, Canon's DPP it is pretty good and is designed to work with the Canon RAW files. If you want something more powerful you could look at Adobe Elements it is very powerful for a cheap product having many of the tools provided in the full blown Photoshop

Comment

Infraview is free and a basic editor - Download the plugins and it will open most raw files formats.

Gnu is another free image programme. With UFraw downloaded will open raw file formats. Downloadable scripts give you various effects over and above what they basic programme offers. Worth a look if you are counting the pennies.

Canon DPP offers a fair range of basics and shouldn't be discounted.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

I'd say if you want a Photo editor, rather than a Raw file processor, then the best free one for Windows is (IHMO) Pixbuilder Studio:

However it helps if you have an idea how these programs work. Hence I would suggest...

The best reasonably-priced serious one (still IMHO) is Photoshop Elements 11 (aka PSE), it costs a modest amount of money, e.g. Wex seem to have a reasonable deal on it:

Plus there are lots of online resources on using it, e.g.

I would also recommend getting the "Missing Manual" book for PSE 11 (I have the Photoshop one and it's okay). BTW get a paper copy as then you aren't using a chunk of the screen to read the book.

If you can afford it I would recommend PSE plus the book.

John
        Last edited by DrJon; 12-06-2013, 09:44. Reason: Added web link to Missing Manual book.

Comment

Thanks Muscat, DeeGee. DrJon for your replys will check them all out

THank You Jimmy

Comment

Working...
          X