Canon Memory Card Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Memory Card Utility

I notice in the latest EOS Magazine there is an article on the EOS Digital Solution Disk which mentions the Canon Memory Card Utility program.

I've never seen it and was wondering if it could be be installed as a stand alone program. It seems to be in a folder on the disk (MCU) but it doesn't appear in the disk installation menu.

Re: Canon Memory Card Utility

Hi Ozzie,

It should be installed as part of EOS Utility. If it's not working on your computer, it may be that the computer is configured to open another program (such as Photoshop Elements) when you connect your memory card reader. This can easily happen when you install image editing software.

Try this: Go to the link below and download the latest version of Memory Card Utility for your operating system and install it. It should now open automatically when you connect your card reader:

Andrew
    Andrew
    www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Hi Andrew , thanks for the link , unfortunately I couldn't get the program to run or autoplay.

With a little more investigation it appears a very similar utility is included with Zoombrowser, infact it's ' open with ZB ' that shows in the autoplay menu when the card reader is attached.

I cannot get EOS utility to respond to anything other than the camera , so I dont think importing from a card reader is an option.

It would be nice to have a program with the same download options as EOS Utility but from a card reader, hence my question. I must admit I don't like ZB so very reluctant to use it just for downloading.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

What version of Windows are you using? I can download the program and see if I can find the solution.
        Andrew
        www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Gibson View Post
          Hi Chris,

What version of Windows are you using? I can download the program and see if I can find the solution.
          just had a quick look at the readme, it seems printer specific and for use with Easy Photo Print.
          I've tried on XP and Vista but it will not run as a standalone even though I have IP2000 and IP4500
          printers installed. Interestingly CMCU is not listed on Canons site under IP4500 or EOS cameras.
          Perhaps the author of the Digital Solutions Disk article knows the answer !

1. Introduction ------------------------------------------------------

This utility program allows you to view image files on a Memory Card
          via Easy-PhotoPrint, or save them on a computer easily by simply
          pressing a button on the printer's operation panel.

2. Product Contents --------------------------------------------------

This product includes the following components.

Installer (Setup.exe)
          This program installs the Canon Memory Card Utility in
          your computer.

USB Memory Card Driver
          Windows uses the driver to read and write data on the
          Memory Card in the card slot of the printer
          (Windows Me and Windows 98 only).

Memory Card Utility
          This utility program opens image files on a memory card via
          Easy-PhotoPrint, or saves them on a computer.

Comment

Working...
          X