Software Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Download

Having an old version of DPP, that does not allow me to handle raw images from EOSD5 MKII, I tried to download the newest version. It was a disappointment. Canon UK site was terribly unhelpful in a number of ways. Not clear meagges about where you are and what to do. Finally, after I got arround selecting the sofware I wanted to download and while I was expecting the customary dialog box with download progress, etc. I got a request to answer a survey which I accepted, but the dowloading process never began. I tried again but download did not even begin! It was an awkward experience and I am still left with the question: What did go wrong? I must point out that the site was not user-friendly and no effective communication language is used.

Anyone with a similar experience?
    EOS 5D MK IV, EF 50/f1.4, EF 100/f2.8 Macro, EF20/f2.8, EF24-105/f4L IS, EF 100-400/f4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E24/f3.5L, EF 75-300/f4-5.6, Canon Extender EF 2X II, Sigma 12-24mm/f4.4-5.6.

Re: Software Download

I use the Canon US site. You can easily download the full software set as a single (albeit large) download provided you have the cameras serial number. Then proceed as though you were using the original CD.

The Canon EU (UK) site can be a navigational challenge at times ...

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
      I use the Canon US site. You can easily download the full software set as a single (albeit large) download provided you have the cameras serial number. Then proceed as though you were using the original CD.

The Canon EU (UK) site can be a navigational challenge at times ...
      Yes right. I own a Canon EOS DSLR. I got it as a gift from my brother. I just visited the site to find out if I could find something useful and I did found the software and there no issue with it.
      Last edited by narvy; 12-10-2013, 05:44.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
        Totally agree with MX5 here is the Link hope it helps
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I just logged on to the site, selected support, picked downloads and entered the camera type, software version and it all downloaded with no trouble. However, when it was downloaded, I am not sure if it was worth the effort. The text size is so small that I cannot read it even with a magnifying glass on my Sony Vaio 17" laptop. The software possibly works fine on lower resolution laptops. Worst laptop I ever bought, and it was not cheap. The remote software is OK to use.
          Howard Walker

Comment

Working...
          X