Camera name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera name

Sorry but that`s the only way to describe my issue, I bought my 1d mk2 second hand and unfortunately it didn`t come with any software and on the exif the previous owners name comes up , can anyone help me to change it to my name, not a major issue but a little niggling

Re: Camera name

You can change the owners name in the camera via the EOS utilities software normally supplied with camera, you may need to update the software for it to work via USB lead (to camera) rather than a fire-wire lead.
    Last edited by Les McLean; 28-08-2013, 19:04.
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Unfortunatly It didn`t come with any software and I don`t seem to be able to download it which is also my problem

Comment

I think you can download 'zoombrowse'r be entering your camera's serial number, once you have that I think you can download the other bits of software (including EOS utilities)....again I'm not 100% sure on this.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Try this:

Note the Windows 7 stuff is a bit down the page from the older versions of windows one.

The short version is you poke a few bits in the registry and then just download and install the Canon updaters from their web-site. Also a CD is possibly available if you can blow them on your computer.

Comment

Still struggling with this and as I`m not in the slightest bit tech minded am worried i1`ll balls it up completely , so has anyone a copy of the software I can borrow please,Harvey

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Canon have recently changed their policy on downloading the Canon software, and that you no longer need the original discs. There should be a download-package available which you can access after entering your serial number, which is far less risky than messing with the registry.

I can't see the option for your camera, but for the 6D it's listed here as "EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.2A for Windows (For users who cannot use the bundled CD)"
              Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Try this download link HERE right-click save target as

It is the full EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.2A for Windows CD
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                  Try this download link HERE right-click save target as

It is the full EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.2A for Windows CD
                  Hi Stephen, when I tried this it said "camera not recognised"???

Comment

Did you "right-click save target as" ? on the word HERE
                    Should be a file named ksd282a_installer.zip

The programme contains EOS Utility, DPP and Picture Style Editor.
                    Last edited by Hereford_EOS; 16-10-2013, 22:29.

flickr

Comment

Still won`t work!!

Comment

Still nothing

Comment

Sorry I can download the software but I can't change the name on my camera,one thing that has been suggested is it must be done using a FireWire cable unfortunately I don't have a FireWire card in my pc

Comment

Originally posted by glider64 View Post
                            Sorry I can download the software but I can't change the name on my camera,one thing that has been suggested is it must be done using a FireWire cable unfortunately I don't have a FireWire card in my pc
                            OK, will delete link to my site now.

Does your 1D mkII have the latest firmware?
                            Firmware version 1.2.6 can be downloaded from my post HERE

flickr

Comment

Working...
                            X