Adobe photographer package open until 2nd Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe photographer package open until 2nd Dec

For a limited time only (2nd Dec 2013) Adobe have opened up their creative cloud photography package to all.

Photoshop CC
    Lightroom 5
    20Gb online storage
    Behance portfolio

All for £8 a month. Too good to pass up so I've taken the plunge.

Here's the link - here

I know that the CC program hasn't been popular with folk who would prefer to buy the software, but for people like me with a PC and a Mac I can't afford to do it that way :)

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Adobe photographer package open until 2nd Dec

Thanks for the info Paul, I currently have LR & CS5 on my PC. I'm not sure if there's any advantage in this deal for people like me but...I would welcome people's thoughts on this. BTW what's "Behance" ?
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Paul, I've been waiting to see whether Adobe extended the £9/month plan for existing CS3 owners, and now they have

Holding out on LR5 and Elements11 purchase was the right thing to do
      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Behance is an online sharing platform for designers, photographers and the like. I think it's much like a social network. Their main selling point is they say that your work gets put out to key agencies and lots of people. All your images are filed under a creative commons licence and that's put me off a bit, however, if you place restrictions on your images they pretty much don't include you in the marketing of your portfolios.

Not really for me. Think Pintrest, accept you're actually saying, yes please take my images and use them for what you like.

That's my initial thought of it.

Yeah Steve, I was holding out for this too. Photoshop CC was £17.99 a month on it's own normally.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

The big problem with this from what i remember is you have to have a recent version of PS. I only have the old PS7. Also I already paid for LR4 and then the upgrade to LR5. So I'm left with no way to get PS for a reasonable price. This is why I stick to LR and Nik software.
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
            The big problem with this from what i remember is you have to have a recent version of PS. I only have the old PS7. Also I already paid for LR4 and then the upgrade to LR5. So I'm left with no way to get PS for a reasonable price. This is why I stick to LR and Nik software.
            That certainly was the problem before, which snookered me too. This is open to anyone until the 2nd Dec regardless of any previous ownership to their software. Well worth it, if you don't have it already.

I had a CS3 via my work PC. Certain limitations with it and it wasn't mine to install at home. Works for me :)
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Does anyone have any recommendations for books on learning PS CC?

I have PSE9 The Missing manual which I never managed to get more than a couple of chapters into, but have read through Lightroom 4 Classroom in A Book which I thought was a good overview, and LR4 From Snapshots which was very patchy in coverage but good in what it did tell you.

Lee, this latest Adobe offer seems to be stand-alone, i.e it doesn't require CS3 or later.
              Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

that's interesting Paul but if you look at the terms it is a 12 month licence and "After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering" - so does that mean they will renew at £8 per month or will it revert to the full price

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Think that this means they will revert to the current price I.E full price £17.99 for adobe CC plus the cost of a lightroom licence
                  Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Think that this means they will revert to the current price I.E full price
                    that is what i was thinking but wasnt sure what the full price was. Its like all these special offers, draw you in with a cheap deal and then automatically continue the direct debit after the offer period, knowing that many people will not take the trouble to cancel.

I think i will give it a miss and just carry on with CS3

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

It's common practice to lure customers with a deal and then hit them with the full price - at least Adobe are offering a full year at the special price (subsidised by giving your log-in details to gangsters no doubt!)

My view is that I'm buying myself the latest version of Lightroom and getting Photoshop free for a year :) By autumn 2014 I'll be after Lightroom 6 and will have to look for another deal.

Comment

It does look like a good deal for the first year. I think that I will stick with CS6 though as I am used to it and don't like too much change
                        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                        Facebook
                        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

If you have CS6 (legit) then there's no reason to swap. I had CS6 pirate and the thought of taking money from clients using pirated software was really starting to get to me, so I ditched that model and went and sorted myself out.

It's far too easy to pirate Adobe software, but for me personally because I couldn't afford £500 for the mac version, this suits me greatly :)
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                            It's far too easy to pirate Adobe software
                            I'm sure that that is exactly why Adobe are pushing the subscription-based model as it's easier to administer and police!

Comment

The problem with a cheap starter offer for me is this... If I get it I'll then invest a lot of time and effort to understand how to use it well and it will become part of my photography workflow. Once this happens I've bought in and its hard to go back. For that reason I really hate the subscription model. Its like hiring the software.
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Working...
                              X